Accessibility statementSkip to main content
We need your help: All banner donations made today will support The Daily's new staff financial aid program.
Learn more and donate.

BOSP cancels additional summer programs

The Bing Overseas Studies Program (BOSP) suspended two more summer study abroad programs, Santiago and Germany’s Krupp Internship Program, on Tuesday. The fate of BOSP’s Oxford program is the last still to be decided — students planning to participate will hear by May 5, according to BOSP’s website.

On Tuesday, Krupp Internship Program participants received an email from BOSP executive director Shawna Knauff announcing that the program will be entirely virtual for the upcoming summer quarter.

“This decision takes into consideration Stanford’s undergraduate travel policies, which remain restrictive throughout summer quarter,” Knauff wrote. “We are also exploring the possibility of offering additional opportunities for Krupp internships in the upcoming academic year.”

This announcement comes nearly three weeks after BOSP’s decision to cancel its expanded summer offerings, which were already intended to offset previous cancellations. The last time that Stanford offered its study abroad programs in full was winter quarter 2019-20, and even those students were sent home early as COVID-19 began to spread around the globe.

“We share in your disappointment and are committed to supporting you as you revise Summer Quarter plans and apply for BOSP opportunities in a future quarter,” Knauff wrote in the email to Krupp participants. “We remain optimistic about our ability to offer programs in Autumn Quarter 2021-22.”

The author's profile picture
Camryn Pak is a news managing editor. Contact her at cpak 'at' stanforddaily.com.