Greek recruitment for IFC, ISC organizations postponed to fall quarter

Recruitment for Interfraternity Council and Inter-Sorority Council organizations will be postponed to fall quarter, Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life Amanda Rodriguez wrote in an email to chapter presidents and alumni advisors Tuesday afternoon. 

The status of recruitment for Multicultural Greek Council and African-American Fraternal & Sororal Association organizations has not been determined, according to Sigma Psi Zeta president Kavita Selva ’21.

Residential Education is calling Greek leadership on Tuesday “to strategize around the specifics of how this impacts our community and chart a path forward.” 

“For those of you currently in process, you do not need to halt activities,” Rodriguez wrote. “We will follow up with you individually.”

A University-wide announcement is scheduled for 5 p.m. Tuesday, according to the email. 

This article has been updated to reflect that the status of Multicultural Greek Council recruitment has not been determined.

Contact Erin Woo at erinkwoo ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Erin Woo '21 is a Managing Editor of News. A communications major and creative writing minor, she plans to pursue a career in journalism. She has also reported for The Mercury News and WNYC. Contact her at erinkwoo 'at' stanford.edu.