Two more possible druggings reported over weekend

After numerous reports of suspected and potential druggings this month, two more possible druggings were reported on Sunday night via consecutive AlertSU Community Crime Alerts. 

The first potential drugging was reported at 3 p.m. Saturday after a woman realized she could not “recall events that occurred after 2:00 a.m.” She reported having consumed alcohol and marijuana between 10 p.m. Friday night and 2 a.m. Saturday.

She “requested a drug screen from a health care provider to determine if she might have been drugged,” the AlertSU reads.

In a separate incident, another woman reported a possible drugging after she experienced unfamiliar symptoms around 10 p.m. on Saturday following consumption of a pumpkin spice latte she ordered at Old Union. It is unknown whether the woman is a Stanford student, according to Stanford Public Safety spokesperson Bill Larson

The alert adds the woman has a nut allergy, but it is unknown whether the latte contained or was processed in a factory with nuts, Larson said. A Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, sold at The Axe and Palm in Old Union, does not contain nuts, according to Starbucks’ website, but the company does not guarantee that its products are allergen free.

“She thought she might have been drugged based on the immediacy and severity of her reaction,” the alert reads. “She does have a nut allergy; however, the symptoms she experienced were unfamiliar to her, which caused her to question whether she might have been drugged.”

Contact Michael Espinosa at mesp2021 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Michael Espinosa '22 is majoring in international relations. He's the head of The Daily's social media team, and editor for the University beat and also occasionally writes for sports, arts, and The Grind. He's the biggest Taylor Swift fan at Stanford and the proudest New Yorker you will ever meet. Contact him at mespinosa 'at' stanforddaily.com.