Pedestrian severely injured after being struck by driver in campus DUI accident

The venture was inspired by a similar app called Learn to Win, designed by Seymore and Powell, that enables football players and other athletes to access playbooks, game plans and other materials to train more efficiently. (KEVIN HSU/The Stanford Daily)

A 22-year-old female pedestrian was bleeding from her head after being struck by a vehicle at 9:44 p.m on Wednesday. The driver of the vehicle, which struck the woman at the intersection of Junipero Serra Boulevard and Stanford Avenue, was driving under the influence at the time, California Highway Patrol (CHP) Officer Art Montiel told The Daily.

After the accident, the victim was transported to Stanford Hospital with a severe head injury. CHP has opened an investigation.

Though the accident occurred on campus, Stanford Department of Public Safety spokesperson Bill Larson told The Daily that — because of the CHP investigation — he cannot release information beyond the location of the accident and the victim’s trip to the hospital.

When CHP officers responded at the scene, they located a black Acura with minor frontal damage. According to Montiel, the Acura is currently a part of the accident investigation. He did not share information regarding the driver of the vehicle.

“Once we conduct the investigation, we will know what charges, if any, are recommended,” Montiel said. 

He said CHP does everything it can to prevent DUI accidents.

“When we arrive and we see it was done by someone DUI, you can see the devastation of the families that respond at the collision scene or at the hospital,” he said.

Contact Manat Kaur at manat ‘at’ object.live.