Additional campus cooling reductions instituted amid 100-degree heat

As Reilly Jonathan Clark ’18 M.A. ’19 and Michael Reily Haag ’18 M.A. ’19 hand the baton to two new PASS presidents, they are leaving a legacy of several PASS-led projects that have taken place around campus. (HANNAH RONCA/The Stanford Daily)

Further reductions in cooling across campus labs, offices and classrooms will be enforced today as a result of the lasting heat wave, according to an AlertSU Community Alert issued on Tuesday morning. Classrooms holding final exams will not be affected.

“Temperatures in labs, offices and classrooms are allowed to exceed campus guidelines for a limited time,” the AlertSU reads.

Campus buildings are cooled using a chilled water system; due to the persistent daytime and nighttime heat, chilled water within the University’s Central Energy Facility “must be further curtailed to meet critical loads throughout the day.”

Amid the 100-degree temperatures, a heat advisory for the Bay Area has been issued by the National Weather Service.

Today’s cooling measure is expected to last through the evening.

Contact Claire Wang at clwang32 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Claire Wang

Claire Wang

Claire Wang is The Daily's Vol. 254 magazine editor, and previously served as Vol. 253's managing editor of news. She's a fan of anything with tomatoes in it, and her favorite poet is Ocean Vuong. When she's not biking, her second-favorite mode of transportation is by rollerblade. Contact Claire at clwang32 'at' stanford.edu.