Frankly Speaking #2: Are conservatives marginalized at Stanford?

Welcome to the second edition of The Daily’s new crowd-sourced column, Frankly Speaking, which has community members weigh in on pressing campus news and debates.

Here’s a recap on how it works: every week we release a debate-worthy question. We will accept 250-word (max) responses to the question from readers until the next week. Then we will choose a few particularly incisive submissions to be published in the paper.

Our second question is: 

Are conservatives marginalized at Stanford?
Please submit your responses via Google Forms here. Responses are due by 11.59 on Friday May 3, 2019.

Our hope is for Frankly Speaking to extend discourse and debate on important subjects beyond Daily staffers.

We want to hear from students across disciplines and social identities about their unique takes on the controversial topics and vital realities we confront as an institution. 

Our main criteria for selecting responses are clarity, creativity and persuasiveness. We encourage you to draw on personal expertise and experience as you justify a stance.

Some recent articles you might consider when crafting a response: