Support independent, student-run journalism.

Your support helps give staff members from all backgrounds the opportunity to conduct meaningful reporting on important issues at Stanford. All contributions are tax-deductible.

Cooking fire in Escondido Village Studio 1 sets off sprinklers

YUSRA ARUB / The Stanford Daily

At around 7:00 p.m. on Sunday night, some residents of Studio 1 at the Escondido Village residential complex were evacuated after a cooking fire contained to one apartment set off a sprinkler.

According Palo Alto Fire Department firefighter on the scene, the damage caused by the sprinkler is not threatening or hazardous.

A Studio 1 resident said that she and a group of other residents were not permitted to re-enter their complex for one hour and 20 minutes, and stayed at the nearby Community Graduate Center instead. At approximately 8:20 p.m., the alarms stopped ringing and students and visitors began to re-enter the complex, the resident said.

The Palo Alto Fire Department had no additional information to offer as of Monday evening.

Contact Yusra Arub at yusraarub19 ‘at’ mittymonarch.com

 

While you're here...

We're a student-run organization committed to providing hands-on experience in journalism, digital media and business for the next generation of reporters. Your support makes a difference in helping give staff members from all backgrounds the opportunity to develop important professional skills and conduct meaningful reporting. All contributions are tax-deductible.