Police Blotter: Dec. 12 to Jan. 8

This report covers a selection of incidents from Dec. 12 to Jan. 8 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Thursday, Dec. 14

• At 12:55 a.m., someone was arrested near Ujamaa for trespassing, prowling and being in possession of methamphetamine.
  • At 2:40 p.m., someone was arrested for sexual battery and false imprisonment near the medical school.

Friday, Dec. 15

• At 8:40 p.m., someone was arrested near the Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center for refusing to leave the recreation center. The arrestee was found to be intoxicated.
  • There were two alcohol transports.

Saturday, Dec. 16

• At 9:21 p.m., someone was arrested on Bonair Siding near Campus Drive for driving while under the influence.

Sunday, Dec. 17

• At 8:54 p.m., someone was arrested on Campus Drive near Serra Street for driving while under the influence.

Tuesday, Dec. 19

• Between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., a U-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks located in front of Jordan Hall.

Thursday, Dec. 21

• Between 4:45 and 5:15 p.m., a cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack located on the south side of the Mitchell Earth Sciences Building.
  • At 7:07 p.m., a woman’s wallet fell to the ground while she was unloading her vehicle. An unknown suspect found the wallet and made unauthorized purchases on her credit cards in the city of Palo Alto in excess of $7,000.
  • At 1:23 a.m., two people were found sleeping inside the Arbuckle Dining Pavilion. Both were arrested for trespassing.

Friday, Dec. 22

• Between Dec. 15 and Dec. 22, a chain-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack near the north side of the Escondido Village Studio 2 residence.

Saturday, Dec. 23

• Between 8 a.m. and 4:20 p.m., an unknown suspect drew a swastika with a permanent marker on the front left corner of a car parked near the Anderson Collection.

Tuesday, Dec. 26

• Between Dec. 22 and Dec. 26, a U-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks located on the south side of Maples Pavilion.

Thursday, Dec. 28

• Between Dec. 15 and Dec. 28, a cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks on the north side of the Escondido Village Studio 1 residence.

Friday, Dec. 29

• Between 4:55 a.m. and 1:40 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed out the front passenger window of a car parked in the Roth Way Garage and stole a purse.

Saturday, Dec. 30

• At 9:10 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the rear driver’s side window of a car parked in the Roth Way Garage. Nothing was stolen.

Monday, Jan. 1

• At 9:15 a.m., two people were arrested on Gerona Road near the 500 block for being in possession of large knives, meth and cocaine.

Tuesday, Jan. 2

• Between 8 and 10 p.m., a U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack in front of the Arrillaga Recreation Center.

Wednesday, Jan. 3

• Between 4:15 p.m. on Jan. 2 and 7:55 a.m on Jan. 3, an unknown suspect entered the Theta Delta Chi residence building and rummaged through mail packages, ate food and smoked marijuana. It is unknown whether anything was stolen from the packages.
  • Between 3 and 5 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the driver’s side rear window of a car parked on Lomita Drive near the 300 block and stole two backpacks.
  • Between 10 p.m. on Jan. 3 and 7:45 a.m. Jan. 4, an unknown suspect attempted forced entry via the rear kitchen door of the Theta Delta Chi residence building but was unsuccessful. The suspect then kicked in the second floor glass door to gain entry into the residence. Nothing appears to have been disturbed or stolen.

Thursday, Jan. 4

• At 1:55 a.m., an adult male was seen outside of the Pearce Mitchell Complex searching the ground with a flashlight.
  • Between 1:30 and 2:30 p.m., two individuals were involved in a verbal dispute over insurance coverage at Vaden Health Center. Threats were made regarding other people.

Friday, Jan. 5

• Between 11:20 a.m. and 1:40 p.m., someone smashed the right rear side window of a car parked on Palm Drive and stole a backpack containing a laptop computer.
  • Between 1:30 and 1:48 p.m., someone smashed the rear driver’s side window of a car parked on Museum Way. Nothing was stolen.

Saturday, Jan. 6

• Between 2:30 and 10:20 p.m., someone broke the driver’s side rear window and stole a package from a car in the Roth Way Garage.
  • At 11:21 p.m., someone was arrested near the Elliott Program Center for prowling and being in possession of a knife on a school campus.
  • Between Dec. 16 and Jan. 6, a cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack near Kimball Hall.

Sunday, Jan. 7

• At 5:30 p.m., two minors were arrested for possession of stolen bikes on Palm Drive near the 200 block.
  • There was one alcohol transport.

There were three alcohol transports reported between Dec. 12 and Jan. 9 as recorded in the SUDPS bulletin.

Contact Sophie Regan at sregan20 ‘at’ stanford.edu.