Police Blotter: Jan. 17 — Jan. 23

This report covers a selection of incidents from Jan. 17 to Jan. 23 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Wednesday, Jan. 18

•  At 11:15 a.m., a driver was cited and released for driving without a license on El Camino Real near California Street.
  • At 1:55 p.m., a driver was cited and released for driving without a license on Campus Drive near Serra Street.
  • At 5 p.m., an unknown suspect used a black substance to draw what appeared to be a swastika on an archway inside the Rains Complex.

Thursday, Jan. 19

• At 9:50 a.m., a driver was cited and released for driving without a license on Serra Street near Stanford Avenue.
  • Between 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., an unlocked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside of Burbank.
  • Between 1 a.m. and 1 p.m., a cable locked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside of Rosse House.

Friday, Jan. 20

• At 8:30 a.m., someone reported seeing a man load a gun magazine into a black gun next to a van parked in the Maples parking lot.
  •  Between 11 p.m. and 12 a.m., someone stole a digital camera from La Maison Française during a party.

Saturday, Jan. 21

• Between 3:30 and 4 p.m., an unlocked bike was stolen from the west side of Cagan Stadium.
  • There was one alcohol transport on Saturday.

Sunday, Jan. 22

• Between 12 p.m. on Jan. 21 and 12 p.m. on Jan. 22, someone used black grease to draw what appeared to be a swastika on the west side of Building 20 in the Rains Complex.

Monday, Jan. 23

•      Someone broke a window of a car parked in the Via Ortega Garage and stole a backpack.

There was one alcohol transport reported between Jan. 17 and Jan. 23 as recorded in the SUDPS bulletin.

Contact Sophie Regan at sregan20 ‘at’ stanford.edu.