This report covers a selection of incidents from Sept. 27 to Oct. 2 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.
Tuesday, Sept. 27
- Between 8 a.m. on Sept. 2 and 1:15 p.m on Sept. 27, an unknown suspect or suspects stole a camera from the Tresidder Memorial Union area.
- A U-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack near Tresidder Memorial Union between 8 a.m. on Sept. 20 and 5 p.m. on Sept. 22.
- An unknown suspect or suspects entered an office in the Terman Engineering Lab between 11 and 11:30 a.m. and stole a personal MacBook Pro laptop.
Wednesday, Sept. 28
- A suspect or suspects scammed a victim out of money by posing as IRS agents over the phone. The incident occurred at the Rains Complex between 9:45 and 11 a.m. on Sept. 27.
- At 7:35 a.m., an individual was cited and released for driving unlicensed on Stanford Avenue at Mears Court.
- A vehicle and bike collided at 12:40 p.m. on Campus Drive at Bowdoin Street.
- At 11:15 p.m., an individual was cited and released for possession of marijuana. The citation occurred on Campus Drive at Sam McDonald Mall.
Thursday, Sept. 29
- A cable and combination-locked bike was stolen a bike rack at Mirrielees House between 3 p.m. on June 14 and 7 p.m. on Sept. 23.
- An individual was cited and released for creating a public nuisance by urinating in public. The citation occurred at 1:15 a.m. on Santa Teresa Street at Governor’s Avenue.
- At 4 p.m., an individual found jewelry at the Golf Course driving range and turned it in to SUDPS.
- A loud party at 576 Alvarado Row was reported at 11:30 p.m. The music was turned down.
Friday, Sept. 30
- A rape was reported on the east side of campus. The assault occurred at 1 a.m. by a male unknown to the female victim, and the University sent out a community-wide alert later that night. SUDPS is still investigating.
- At 12:52 p.m., a bike collided with a fixed object on Santa Teresa Street at Lomita Mall, causing an injury.
- An unknown suspect or suspects stole a camera and two credit cards from an unattended vehicle at the Golf Clubhouse between 3 and 4:45 p.m. The victim canceled the credit cards in time to block the suspect or suspects’ attempt to use them.
- At 10 p.m. on Mayfield Avenue at Lomita Drive, an individual was cited and released on an outstanding warrant.
Saturday, Oct. 1
- A loud party at Kappa Sigma House was reported at midnight. The music was turned down.
- An individual was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for driving under the influence of alcohol. The arrest occurred at 12:20 a.m. on Campus Drive at O’Connor Lane.
- A suspect convinced a victim to wire funds for an “overpayment.” The incident occurred at 4 p.m. on Sept. 28 in Lieberman House.
- At 11:10 p.m. on O’Connor Lane at Nathan Abbott Way, an individual was cited and released for possessing alcohol as a minor.
Sunday, Oct. 2
- An unlocked bike was stolen from a bike rack at Old Union between 12:30 and 2 a.m.
- At 1 a.m. at Enchanted Broccoli Forest, an individual was cited and released for possessing alcohol as a minor.
- At 2 p.m. on Page Mill Road at Junipero Serra Boulevard, an individual was cited and released for driving unlicensed.
There were no alcohol transports reported between Sept. 27 and Oct. 2 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.
Contact Hannah Knowles at hknowles ‘at’ stanford.edu.