Brock Turner sentenced to six months in county jail, three years probation
Brock Turner was sentenced to six months in county jail and three years probation on June 2 (RAHIM ULLAH/The Stanford Daily).

In a sentencing hearing on Thursday morning, Brock Turner was sentenced to six months in county jail followed by three years of formal probation. He must also register as a sex offender and participate in a sex offender rehabilitation program.

Santa Clara County Superior Judge Aaron Persky presided over the hearing and delivered the sentence. Persky acknowledged that it was a difficult decision and that the sentencing terms reflect several factors, including Turner’s intoxication, character letters submitted to the court, adverse collateral effects stemming from high media coverage and the defendant’s apparent remorse. The sentence was disputed by prosecutor Alaleh Kianerci, who argued that the involvement of alcohol and character letters in particular should not have mitigating effects on the sentencing decision.

Turner was arrested Jan. 18, 2015, after two graduate students found him on top of an unconscious woman outside Kappa Alpha fraternity at approximately 1 a.m. Turner subsequently withdrew from Stanford. On March 30, a jury found Turner guilty on three felony counts: assault with intent to commit rape of an intoxicated or unconscious person, sexual penetration of an intoxicated person and sexual penetration of an unconscious person. Turner faced a maximum prison sentence of 10 years.

The sentencing decision was given after a recess at around noon, following comments from the victim, the prosecutor, Turner’s father, Turner and Turner’s attorney.

Prior to hearing the terms, the victim, a 23-year old Palo Alto resident who did not attend Stanford, spoke to the courtroom. Citing the deeply damaging impact the assault has had on her and Turner’s lack of remorse, she called for a prison sentence of no less than one year. She described how she found herself on a gurney early on the morning of Jan. 18, 2015, facing injuries, rushed treatments and photo documentation of her wounds. In the aftermath of the assault, she said she has struggled with extreme depression. She eventually had to quit her job, and she said it took eight months for her to begin talking about the assault.

“I pretended the whole thing wasn’t real,” she said, later adding in a direct address to Turner, “You bought me a ticket to a planet that I lived in by myself.”

The victim said she could not forgive Turner because he still had not acknowledged that he had sexually assaulted her. She argued that he continues to shirk responsibility and blame the alcohol.

“Somehow he still doesn’t get it,” she said. “Somehow he still sounds confused.”

After his father Dan Turner read a letter attesting to his character, Brock Turner read a statement to the courtroom in which he expressed remorse to the victim and her family.

“I can never forgive myself,” he said. He said he hoped that his work in a high school program warning students about the dangers of alcohol would help him atone for his actions.

Before revealing his decision, Persky read excerpts from a letter submitted by the victim.

“Nobody wins. We have all been devastated. We have all been trying to find meaning in all of the suffering.”

The victim’s full letter can be found here.

Contact Victor Xu at vxu ‘at’ stanford.edu.

About Victor Xu

Victor Xu '17 is an editor and graphics designer. An economics major, he hails from Carmel, IN. He is interested in international development and Kanye West. To contact Victor, email him at vxu ‘at’ stanford.edu.
  • cisconilkn

If he was *only* getting six months in prison, yes, I’d agree it’s a slap on the wrist given the nature of the crime.

However, he was also expelled from Stanford, lost all scholarships, lost his entire career as a swimmer, had to forfeit attending the Olympics trials, has become a lifetime registered sex offender, will serve 3 years of probation after jail, bankrupted his family in legal fees, had his name ruined *internationally* in the media, and will also be be taking rehabilitation classes for sex offenders.

His life is basically ruined at this point, honestly. If none of that other stuff happened, sure, a long jail sentence might make sense. I wouldn’t be against a year, but the people calling for 10+ years strike me as blood hungry. The punishment has to fit the crime. 10+ years of jail on top of having your life, career, and education ruined is just disproportionate. As far as rapes go, this was about as mild as it could possibly be — it was so mild in fact it couldn’t even legally be classified as rape.

Just to be clear, I’m not defending *him*. I’m defending the *judge*. He’s a POS, but I think when you consider the entire effect this has had on his life, he got a fitting punishment.

• cisconilkn

Uh, who said anything about maiming someone in a drunk driving incident? If you want to have a real discussion, you’re going to have to muster up the maturity to not blatantly insert words into people’s mouths. It completely invalidates your credibility.

• Jay

If he was so intoxicated that he can use alcohol has an excuse then why was he able to run away and speak to the police while his victim was unconscious? So I IMAGINE, he was not as I intoxicated as you believe and it can not be used as an excuse to be “drunk and startled” or to sexually assault a person.

• Lotstosay888

The only fool is you! I read every single page of the police report- if Doe’s sister hadn’t left, it probably would have been her behind the dumpster seeing as she reported that Brock was all over her and she kept pushing him away. And it wasn’t rape because they didn’t find semen? When police found Brock pinned down, he still had a boner. Now, I’m not a guy, but usually you have a boner if you haven’t ejaculated. Had the boys not stopped him, you could speculate that he could have raped her. We do not know what would have happened had he not been stopped. So why is he getting the benefit of the doubt? Because women have so much more parity in the legal system right? Also, this was a spot she had gone to previously to urinate.. It makes absolutely no sense to me why a girl with a boyfriend would bring a guy who was trying to get with his sister to the same spot she urinated to hook up with him- drunk or not.

Most women do not go through with charging for one reason or another- whether harassed by peers or blamed for being drunk. Women have parity in very little circumstances- child custody is one. But many women are abused and only so many men are found guilty because when it comes down to he said she said, people tend to believe the guy and blame the women for one reason or another. I would know.

• Raymond Chastain

“if Doe’s sister hadn’t left, it probably would have been her behind the dumpster seeing as she reported that Brock was all over her and she kept pushing him away. ”

The justice system doesn’t deal with, the justice system deals with facts.

“And it wasn’t rape because they didn’t find semen? When police found Brock pinned down, he still had a boner. Now, I’m not a guy, but usually you have a boner if you haven’t ejaculated.”

And 99% of the time, I don’t ejaculate just because I have a boner. Fun facts. He was sexually excited, big surprise.

“Had the boys not stopped him, you could speculate that he could have raped her.”

Speculation doesn’t count, you don’t convict someone of murder if they didn’t commit murder, you convict them of conspiracy to commit murder. In the same way, he didn’t rape her, and you don’t say well “HE MIGHT HAVE!” because you can’t be certain he’d take it that far.

“So why is he getting the benefit of the doubt?”

Innocent until proven guilty, you can prove he’s guilty of sexual assault but you cannot prove he’s guilty of rape because he did not do it. Much like you don’t call someone a murderer if they conspired to perform the act but never did.

“Because women have so much more parity in the legal system right? ”

Women are the most well treated group in western society.

“Also, this was a spot she had gone to previously to urinate.. It makes absolutely no sense to me why a girl with a boyfriend would bring a guy who was trying to get with his sister to the same spot she urinated to hook up with him- drunk or not.”

You are not her, nor are you wildly inebriated. She chose to get drunk, as did he, and neither were thinking clearly.

“Most women do not go through with charging for one reason or another- whether harassed by peers or blamed for being drunk. ”

Evidence? Prove it.

Rape is a rare crime according to the official government statistics on Rape (Which was anonymous, meaning there should be no reason for them not to report).

[1] Attempted Rape is incredibly low for students and non-students in the most vulnerable age group.

“For the period 1995–2013, females ages 18 to 24 not enrolled
    in a post-secondary school were 1.2 times more likely to
    experience rape and sexual assault victimization (7.6 per
    1,000), compared to students in the same age range (6.1 per
    1,000) (table 1)”http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rsavcaf9513.pdf

[1a] The rate of Completed Rapes is even lower:
    “The rate of completed rape for nonstudents (3.1 per 1,000)
    was 1.5 times higher than for students (2.0 per 1,000). ”
    http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rsavcaf9513.pdf

[1b] Rape has been decreasing rapidly and of statistics in 2014 rates were as low as 1.1 per 1000 for the general population. (See Table 1)
    http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv14.pdf

“Women have parity in very little circumstances- child custody is one. ”

Men are 92% of workplace deaths.
    MenBoys are 80% of suicides.
    Men are 62% of the homeless.
    Men are 44% of college enrollment.
    https://imgur.com/WWozf7O

I made that poster myself, full links to the sources are in the description.

“But many women are abused and only so many men are found guilty because when it comes down to he said she said, people tend to believe the guy and blame the women for one reason or another.”

Because you fucking idiot, throwing innocent people in prison is a bad thing. It’s called the presumption of innocence, and it is applied to every single crime, not just rape and sexual assault.

• Raymond Chastain

“why was he able to run away and speak to the police while his victim was unconscious?”

Because he was less drunk than the victim?

“So I IMAGINE, he was not as I intoxicated as you believe”

Cool, I imagine a world filled with flying magical dragons that breath fire breath made of money. Doesn’t make it real. Good luck with your “imagination”.

• Serjo

Yeah girls like to exaggerate a lot, they want attention, that’s not new and you can see that everywhere. I’m pretty sure after a few weeks her “severe depression” will have disappeared. Also nowhere was it stated that he “dragged” her there, they might have been making out before and went there together and then she passed out. And yes, of course fucking an unconscious person is still some form of sexual assault, just not the kind that causes severe mental trauma, and that’s why it shouldn’t be treated like ordinary rape. Also I’m obviously against that idiotic and inhumane publishing bullshit too, it just makes offender’s lifes worse for no reason after they have already served their time and it doesn’t help anyone.

• Serjo

Well you’re talking about actual rape cases, that’s a different story.

• Serjo

Those might have stemmed from her tripping or anything like that, she was completely drunk after all – except for the cuts inside her vagina obviously, if that is even true.

• Mick

I would not exclude an element of revenge in her account. But in general, I belief her. I think she grew up in a sheltered and nice environment and that all collabsed one day. You may be right, that she is ok next year. She may carry that around for another 10 years or for the rest of her life. Both of us dont know. On the other hand, people digest violence against them differently. Some people develop severe depressions. Others may take it easier. Thats the reason, why the effect on the victim is not the primary driver for the punishment. Thats the crime itself. And thats right.

• agnosic1

Again, great answer. It could be argued either 1) you would have stopped long before twenty-minutes was up, or 2) your partner had just that moment passed out, and you were in the process of coming to that realization yourself.

But (and I’m not even sure where I’m going with this):

What if you passed out, and your UW partner dragged you behind a dumpster, stripped you naked from the waist down, pulled your shirt over your head, digitally penetrated you, shoved pine needles in your nether-regions, and continued for twenty-minutes until interrupted by two passersby? All without any overt sign of sexual arousal from you? What would you call that?

• agnosic1

Cut the obscenities.

“Male Privilege” — “…outstanding child support. In 2011, America’s custodial mothers were owed $12.1 billion and custodial fathers were owed a total of $1.7 billion…”

“Male Privilege” — ratio of child-support dollars owed by deadbeat Dads to custodial mothers, versus child-support dollars owed by deadbeat Moms to custodial fathers: 7.1-to-1.

“Male Privilege” — “…Poverty rates also differ between custodial mothers and fathers, even if you set aside whether or not they’re receiving child support payments. In 2011, 31.8 percent of custodial mothers were living in poverty — the figure for custodial fathers is half that.”

“Male Privilege” — “The average household income of a dad who doesn’t get the child support money he’s due is $51,791. For moms, that figure is $26,231.”

fivethirtyeight.com/features/are-moms-less-likely-than-dads-to-pay-child-support/

• agnosic1

“For the period 1995–2013, females ages 18 to 24 had the highest rate of rape and sexual assault victimizations compared to females in all other age groups. Within the 18 to 24 age group, victims could be identified as students enrolled in a college, university, trade school or vocational school or as non-students.”

“Among student victims, 20% of rape and sexual assault victimizations were reported to police, compared to 32% reported among nonstudent victims ages 18 to 24 (figure 1). … Rape and sexual assault victimizations of students (80%) were more likely than nonstudent victimizations (67%) to go unreported to police.”

“(Note: Detail may not sum to total due to multiple reasons for not reporting. About 0.4% of student and 0.6% of nonstudent victims did not know or did not report whether the victimization was reported to police. See appendix table 9 for standard errors.)”

“Similar percentages of student (47%) and nonstudent (40%) victims perceived that the offender was drinking or using drugs.”

• agnosic1

So if your best friend killed a 3 year old baby, he should have only done 3 years?
    If he killed a 10 year old, he should have done 10 years?

By the way, have you heard of a guy named David Cash? You sound just like him. David Cash saw his best friend, 18-year old nearly 6 ft tall Jeremy Strohmeyer follow a little 7-year old girl into a ladies room. Cash saw Strohmeyer struggling with the little girl, tapped Strohmeyer on the head, and then just walked away. “He [Cash] says nothing to the security guards. Less than half an hour later, Strohmeyer emerges and tells Cash he has molested and murdered the child.”

Get you head out of you-know-where.
    Your friend is a menace to society and many people are glad he’s locked up.
    Safer for the rest of us.

The Bad Samaritan”
    Time Magazine, Sunday, June 24, 2001
    content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,139892,00.html

• Raymond Chastain

“Cut the obscenities.”

Cut the bullshit.

How about the fact that men simply cannot win custody? Men have asked for default shared parenting for decades and never received it. Men aren’t deadbeat dads, women forcefully push fathers out of their parents lives.

Feminist organization NOW (National Organization for Women) fights against default shared parenting keeping children from their fathers.
    http://www.nownys.org/archives/leg_memos/oppose_a00330.html

Let’s talk suicide, 80% of suicides are men.
    http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/suicide_factsheet-a.pdf

Let’s talk homelessness, 70.8% of the homeless are men:
    “TYPICAL HOMELESS INDIVIDUAL IN 2014” pg 62
    https://www.hudexchange.info/onecpd/assets/File/2014-AHAR-Part-2.pdf

Let’s talk homicide victims, men are 77.3% of homicide victims and yet it is allegedly women who need to “Take back the night”!
    https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/expanded-homicide-data/expanded_homicide_data_table_1_murder_victims_by_race_ethnicity_and_sex_2014.xls

Let’s talk College Enrollment, Men are only 44% of college enrollment and women continue to receive affirmative action:
    http://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/indicator_cha.asp

Let’s talk Genital Mutilation, fully and totally outlawed for women yet Boys have no right to an intact body, and no feminist cares to intervene! You’d think those wanting to teach consent about one’s body would ensure equal treatment for male babies!

Let’s talk the draft, women STILL do not have to register! Many young men had to register even before they could vote, all the way up until the 26th amendment. http://www.history.com/topics/the-26th-amendment

So yes, I’m sorry the homeless, suicidal, dead, and poorly educated men who have their children ripped away by a justice system with no intention of equal parenting are unable to pay.

Let’s consider the options a woman has if she cannot take care of her child:
    – Adoption/Abandonment under Safe Harbor laws, no Child Support required. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe-haven_law

Men have to PAY for their children, women DON’T sounds like SEXISM to me.

– Adoption even against the fathers consent, without the fathers knowledge
    http://kdvr.com/2015/11/22/dad-says-baby-put-up-for-adoption-without-permission/

Let’s talk about Male rape victims especially of Female Perps, they have to pay their rapists child support!
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/02/statutory-rape-victim-child-support/14953965/

Yes, you poor unfortunate women! So hard!

• Raymond Chastain

Indeed, and when account for those non-reporting rates these are the numbers they came to:

“[1] Attempted Rape is incredibly low for students and non-students in the most vulnerable age group.

• agnosic1

Angry much?

“Attempted Rape is incredibly low for students and non-students in the most vulnerable age group.”
    “Rape has been decreasing rapidly and of statistics in 2014 rates were as low as 1.1 per 1000 for the general population.”

Where are you getting the above statements from? I don’t see it in any of the citations you’ve provided. Are you editorializing here?

Table 1 indicates rapes/sexual assault increased from 0.8 per 1000 in 2005 to 1.1 per thousand in both 2013 and 2014.

• Raymond Chastain

Where are you getting the above statements from? I don’t see it in any of the citations you’ve provided. Are you editorializing here?”

Those were my own statements the following statements were verbatim:
    “”For the period 1995–2013, females ages 18 to 24 not enrolled
    1,000) ”

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub

“Table 1 indicates rapes/sexual assault increased from 0.8 per 1000 in 2005 to 1.1 per thousand in both 2013 and 2014.”

Indeed, that accounts for BOTH male and female victims, male victims were not included in the definition used by the FBI until 2010.
    https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/rape-addendum/rape_addendum_final

Men were not included in the definition used by the DOJ until 2012.
    https://www.justice.gov/opa/blog/updated-definition-rape

It is logical to conclude that by making the definition more encompassing “Rates would increase” where more is simply being accounted for.

• There is no such thing as “having sex” with an unconscious person. At that point, you’re raping an unconscious person.

I don’t expect a MGTOW/MRA/PUA/whatever the hell you are to understand that, and you’ll probably try to be superlogical and attempt to weasel word some type of escape clause for your idiocy. But rational and decent people won’t buy it.

• It’s good to see where your priorities are. In this case you’re quibbling over which word should be used for the sexual assault that took place.

Luckily the FBI has no such quibbling issue: “Penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.”

From the FBI’s “Frequently Asked Questions about the Change in the UCR Definition of Rape”.

You cannot continue to give consent while you are unconscious even if it started consensual. If you don’t agree then you should stay as far away from other humans as much as possible.

• rick131

Next she is going to sue Stanford for getting raped right on the campus by one of their students.

• Serjo

Except the “punishment” the majority of idiots demand in such cases are in no fucking way even NEARLY proportionate to the crime and should be considered by any sane, rational person as nothing less than torture. If we were talking about an ACTUAL rape case, and not a harmless one like in this article, then 10 years should be the MAXIMUM sentence one can get, for the worst cases, and obviously just for adult criminals, teenagers and young adults should get a chance to rehabilitate themselves, and that’s practically impossible if you spend a ton of years in prison when you’re still young.

• Serjo

Luckily as opposed to you, I am able to distinguish between actual violent, traumatizing rape and sexually abusing an unconscious person, with the latter case being a LOT less harmful than real rape and therefore deserving a much lighter sentence, especially for teenagers/young adults.

• Serjo

You should stay away from the internet with that level of retardation. Also read my other reply to your comment regarding “rape”.

• Mick

Rubbish. This was a rape case. Nothing more and nothing less. With a severly hurt victim. Not harmless at all. We will not reach agreement here.
    In Euorpe we have a special law for essentially teenagers. And special prisons. In general, one can say, thats hugely successful, since in 90% of the cases, young criminals do not continue that in the adult life. But for a country like the US, convicting 12 year olds to death penalty, that would be a huge step.
    Let us stop here, we are turning in cycles.

• Serjo

I think you don’t understand the meaning of “severely hurt”, and you don’t seem to understand what a long prison sentence does to people either. Also since I’m from Europe myself I know that we have more humane and sensible laws, but I’m talking about US laws and idiotic American’s acceptance of these laws here. If you want to stop arguing, that’s fine. This isn’t going anywhere anyway.

• Commenter 37

“I’m not even sure where I’m going with this.”

That much was obvious.

1) 20 minutes is not a relevant amount of time to the actual incident. It is a reference to the father’s letter, which has be twisted to imply the father was suggesting 20 minutes of sexual activity instead of the more benign definition of the word “action.” There is no “20 minutes” to be “up.”

2) I didn’t need to be dragged into the bushes. I went on my own, and I didn’t read any conclusive evidence that the victim here was dragged, either.

3) I didn’t need to be stripped down, as I had participated in the removal of my own clothing. I didn’t read any evidence in this case that the removal of clothing didn’t involve the participation of both parties.

4) Digital penetration is a very common sexual activity, albeit slightly more taboo for guys to receive. I didn’t read evidence of pine needless having been shoved in orifices. Pine needless were found on the body and in hair.

5) As for signs of arousal, I’ve (again, sadly) had interactions with sober, conscious people that I wasn’t sure were aware we were having foreplay, merely by their reactions. That’s gone away as I learned to be better.

6) I don’t know what I’d call this factually adjusted scenario. If we go with the altered version you present that assumes quite a few things, then I’d probably call it blatant sexual assault. I tend to try to steer clear of loaded language and assumptions, though.

• Commenter 37

But again, I didn’t comment here to join a jury. I commented mainly because based on what I’ve seen in this discussion, had my perfectly willing partner passed out in the bushes and some people walked up on us at that instant, I’m fairly certain I’d be accused of being a rapist. I clearly wasn’t. And based on some details that are cited here as evidence of assault, I might have even been convicted, quite falsely.

My curiosity is, if a partner passes out, when and how does it transform into rape? One thrust? One minute? Upon realization? Where is the bright line, and how is it proven beyond reasonable doubt (as is the standard in a criminal court)? I don’t ask these questions to be facetious. I don’t ask them to defend this guy. I ask because when I take the other position and try to argue it, I’m left with no perfect answer.

• Lotstosay888

You say women rarely get raped but here I am the victim of two rapes- one date rape, one extremely intoxicated. TELL ME I WAS FUCKING ASKING FOR IT I DARE YOU. Do you want to know why I didn’t press charges? Because my cousin and I were surrounded by and harassed by fraternity brothers who forced me into saying I wanted it after it happened. It would have been all of their words against mine, he said she said doesn’t fly in the judicial system. Rape is an incredibly hard thing to be found guilty for because most times its he said she said.
    The second time I was raped was by someone I thought I trusted. I had consensual sex with him prior and invited him over one night after I had come home from a party wasted. I didn’t even remember inviting him over. I woke up to a flash back of me being held down crying as he anally raped me. I woke up hoping that was a dream until I realized my ass was bleeding. All I had for evidence was a text inviting him over. I called him a million times asking why he did that and you know what he said, “you were drunk and wanted it.” How is that supposed to fly in a court room? The one thing I had, that was mine, that I promised myself and told him a million times I would never do was taken from me. As a previous rape and abuse victim, that killed me. There was no longer a part of me that hadn’t been taken from me. Before I was date raped I was the victim of sexual abuse. My privates and breasts were always bruised from being beaten and when anyone asked why I lied out of fear. When I finally admitted to it I was called a liar. People in my town still hate me and think I’m an attention seeking liar. Men have NO idea what it’s like to live in fear. They have no idea what it’s like not to be able to trust those who are supposed to protect you. You have NO idea what women go through so FUCK YOU TELL ME I FUCKING WANTED IT!

• Raymond Chastain

“You say women rarely get raped but here I am the victim of two rapes- one date rape, one extremely intoxicated. ”

Some people get struck by lightning multiple times, it doesn’t mean lightning strikes on people are common. You have no idea how statistics work, assuming of course you actually were raped and aren’t just some troll on the internet using made up stories to fit your narrative.

“TELL ME I WAS FUCKING ASKING FOR IT I DARE YOU. ”

Never said that was the case, you’re the only fucking retard that took the OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT STATISTICS to mean that you “asked” for it.

“Do you want to know why I didn’t press charges?”

Because your story is made up, it never happened, you’re full of shit.

Here I’ll make up a story,

“Lotstosay888 raped me twice, I said no, but I never went to the police I was surrounded by her friends and she just kept telling me I wanted it and that I was gay if I didn’t”.

Both of our stories have equal merit. You said some unverifiable bullshit that relies purely on emotional argument, I cited the official government study.

I have no reason to engage in story time any further. Contact me, when you have an actual statement based on verifiable facts. That is unless of course, you want to admit to my nonsensical story being factual as well because keep in mind we have equivalent evidence in that regard.

• Raymond Chastain

Want some verifiable sexism?

Mother stabs her baby 31 times, leaves it blood and abused under a sleeping bag in the closet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-nuGnmAfBE

Sentence? 1 year in prison, 5 years probation. Not much more than what this guy got.

She asked for all remaining punishment to be removed because she “behaved well on probation”. Talk about sexism.

• Lotstosay888

See I tel a story and you said I made it up. That’s EXACTLY WHY IT NEVER GETS REPORTED

• Raymond Chastain

Your story was nonsense.

Courts work on evidence, we don’t throw people behind bars just because you can spin a yarn.

I ALSO told a story, mine was equally verifiable, therefore you must be a rapist right? If your story must be believed, then why not mine? What evidence do you have that I do not?

• Lotstosay888

Honestly, I’m not gonna go looking through my college texts books to pull out the statistics you “need”. Here is ACTUAL LIVE EVIDENCE from someone who was a victim. What you want me to pull out texts from years ago and make me relive the trauma? I have documented PTSD and anxiety from my D. college couselor I saw while I was at school. I have a degree in developmental psych with a minor in child and family relations I took courses on crime myths and domestic abuse in families and the general consensus is that most abuse and rape goes unreported because MEN HOLD THE UPPER HAND- financially, socially, physically. If you don’t understand that, if you CANT understand that, then there is nothing more to say then GOOD DAY

• johnny disgusted

Brock Turner is a piece of trash. His father is an even bigger piece of trash. I pray to god that sometime during his 6 months in jail someone does to him what he did to that poor woman.

• Johnny Disgusted

Are you kidding, “Mild” you described the rape as “Mild”. I hope you get a mild case of AIDS. Because I “mild” case of aids must be so much easier to deal with. Your an idiot!

• Lotstosay888

Ok here: once upon a time little old me went to go visit my cousin at her college with my younger sister. We are with guy friends from my highschool and they tell us of a party at a frat. My cousin doesn’t want to go because this frat is scummy but my sister and I were looking for the college experience and decided to go anyways. So we get there, they turn us away, but only after my sister and I get out of the taxi they tell us we can come in but the boys have to leave… So we go anyways. We go down the stairs and immediately this boy comes up from behind and starts dancing with me. He then asks if I want to pick out the next song at the DJ booth, I oblige. Step 1- He has removed me from my comfort/protection… We get to the DJ booth and he starts talking to the DJ. He turns around and offers me a beer. You know, you hear the stories but you don’t think it will happen to you. I took the beer and had a large sip. It didn’t taste right so I told him I didn’t want it. Step 2- drug the innocent high schooler… Step 3- offer her to come upstairs to grab a cold beer. I get upstairs and he takes me to a bedroom. I say to him “I thought you meant the kitchen” he shuts the door and locks it and hands me a beer from his cooler and whips out a pipe. I’m starting to feel really drunk and i keep asking about my cousin and he keeps telling me not to worry about it. He pushes me onto the bed says he has a rubber and starts taking my clothes off. I’m just way too out of it to even realize what’s going on. He’s having sex with me I’m crying because I’m so confused my cousins banging on the door screaming my name my phones blowing up I apparently was able to text my cousin “help”. He finishes I don’t even know what happened next my cousin was running around looking for him crying and screaming and throwing a fit and telling everyone I was raped I’m so out of it I’m kind of glad I was drugged at that time because I was just in a daze not really even realizing what happened. Like I’m singing having a grand old time and all of a sudden she’s screaming at these frat bro’s and they’re in my face like YOU WANTED IT and they’re screaming at my cousin and asking me what happened and I couldn’t even remember I was just in my own world and I just wanted my cousin to calm down so I said whatever and left. Singing the whole way home. Until I woke up the next morning like what the fuck happened and my cousin had to tell me and it wasn’t till later that I learned I was not the only girl that’s been done to that what happened to me was exactly how it happened to a friend. And my friend who was in that frat later was selling a drug from that frat that was similar to ecstasy- he sold me the same drug that I was raped on!!!!!

• Raymond Chastain

“Honestly, I’m not gonna go looking through my college texts books to pull out the statistics you “need””

In other words, you have no evidence and nothing you say has factual backing.

“Here is ACTUAL LIVE EVIDENCE from someone who was a victim.”

A case in which the perpetrator was found, charged, and proven guilty. He was then given a sentence based on all the various facts involved, again this woman was given 1 year in prison, 5 years probation for STABBING AN INFANT 31 TIMES and guilt was not a matter of question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-nuGnmAfBE

I suppose we treat VIOLENT STABBING OF INFANTS as we do Sex Assault offenders when the VIOLENT STABBER OF INFANTS is a woman.

“What you want me to pull out texts from years ago and make me relive the trauma?”

You’re making me relive my trauma by speaking with you! You’re my rapist remember!?

“I have documented PTSD and anxiety from my D. college couselor I saw while I was at school.”

And did you receive a therapy dog in your safe space? You declared you have “Documents” but can prove nothing, not to mention it’s the same colleges that throw men under the bus all the time i.e.:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/police-determined-the-rape-accusation-was-unfounded-but-school-punished-him-anyway/article/2592825

” I saw while I was at school. I have a degree in developmental psych with a minor in child and family relations I took courses on crime myths and domestic abuse in families”

And I’m the Pope’s cousin, THE SUPER POPE, I think you’ll my credentials are in order, not that I can verify yours.

“and the general consensus is that most abuse and rape goes unreported because MEN HOLD THE UPPER HAND- financially, socially, physically. ”

Hm..What? Sorry I dozed, your story became boring after the intro. All I heard was “Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, no citations, no evidence, no proof”.

I think the general consensus is that the moon is made of marshmallow now I don’t feel the need to provide any proof. Take it by my word, I am the SUPER POPE after all, I’m well versed.

“If you don’t understand that, if you CANT understand that, then there is nothing more to say then GOOD DAY”

I totally understand:

1) You make declarations
    2) You provide no evidence
    3) You expect people to accept your declarations as fact.

I shall follow this pattern once more:

I declare that the common consensus is that Canada is entirely populated by moose (Mooses? Meese?). Declaration? Check.

Evidence? Non Given. I’ll throw in a dubious unverified “credentials” claim, because I’m generous (I’m the SUPER POPE after all).

I now expect you to believe me.

• Raymond Chastain

“A column of smoke rose from a cave in the side of a mountain. The cave was near the top and would almost be impossible for a human to hike to it. The inhabitant of that cave was Synge.
    Synge was a leafy green dragon with tints of aquamarine and a dark turquoise underbelly. Her flame was the color of limes with a core of deep blue. She was using her fire, that of course is what was creating the smoke, to heat the cavern.
    Her cave was glittering with golden coins. A silver suit of armor was still smoking from the last intrusion. Broken swords stuck like blades of grass from the immense piles of coins. Rubies, sapphires and other precious jewels shone out of the horde. A rare crown poked out from a wooden chest that was overflowing with jewelry.
    But the most precious pieces of Synge’s collection were four large pearly white spheres. If the light hit them just the right way a rainbow of colors shimmers across their surface. Though these spheres weren’t gems they were priceless. They were Synge’s offspring, her eggs, her whole world.
    Synge heats them with her jade flames as she awaits her mate’s return. His name was Imperio and he was pure white except for the tips of his horns and talons which were a smokey black. His flames were white with a creamy core.
    Suddenly there was a loud flapping outside the cave and a thump. Synge looks out to see a dropped elk and Imperio hovering beside it. His talons scratched the ground and then he gracefully landed. He picked up the elk is his jaws then padded into the cave.
    Synge gave the peaceful eggs one more breath of fire. Then went to greet Imperio. She rubbed against him in welcome. He set down the elk and rumbled happily. They ate together then discarded the bones to the entrance of the cave. Hopefully they would scare away any humans that stumbled upon our den.
    Together they collected rocks from around the den and carefully covered the eggs with them. She puffed licks of flames on the stones until they were like hot coals that would keep the eggs warm until morning.
    Then she lay down next to the rock nest. Imperio lay down next to her. Their tails intertwined and thus ended another routine day of Synge’s life. The next morning the process would restart except Imperio’s and Synge’s roles would be reversed. She would hunt while Imperio watched the irreplaceable nest of eggs.”

Isn’t my story real and verifiable too 🙁 Doesn’t anyone care about Synge the dragon?

• agnosic1

Victim’s statement in court:

“One more time, in public news, I learned that my ass and vagina were completely exposed outside, my breasts had been groped, fingers had been jabbed inside me along with pine needles and debris, my bare skin and head had been rubbing against the ground behind a dumpster, while an erect freshman was humping my half naked, unconscious body.”

Cyclist’s statement:

‘ “She was unconscious. The entire time. I checked her and she didn’t move at all,” Mr Arndt told CBS News. … “The guy stood up then we saw she wasn’t moving still. So we called him out on it. And the guy ran away, my friend Peter chased after him,” he said. ‘ (The Independent, UK, June 8, 2016).

Australian news outlet:

‘ They told Swedish news outlet Expressen they had been riding their bikes to a party on the Stanford campus when they saw Turner, 20, behind the dumpster.

“We saw that she wasn’t moving, but he was moving a lot,” Mr Arndt told Expressen.

“We stopped and thought, ‘that this seems very strange.’

“Peter asked him what he was doing, and I followed him. When he got up we saw that she was still not moving at all, so we asked something along the lines of: ‘What the hell are you doing?'”

Turner then tried to run away but was Mr Jonsson tackled him and the pair managed to hold him until police arrived on the scene.

“I checked that the girl was alive, she wasn’t moving at all, while Peter chased after him and managed to capture him maybe 30 metres from where we were,” Mr Arndt said.

“We restrained him until the police got there.”

SBS News, June 8, 2016, sbs[dot]au[dot]com

• Commenter 37

So can you cite where you got the 20 minute timeline from? Can you cite anything where evidence was introduced of pine needles being inserted? Or is that just from her statement, which is not admissible evidence. My point is, there are facts, and then there are claims. The two are not interchangeable. The interaction between the perp and the Swedes is not in contention.

• Commenter 37

And for a third time, I’m truly not here to debate the merits of the case, nor rehash a defense of the perp.

• agnosic1

Look, you told your story. We both agreed that the relationship to the Brock Turner case was dubious. I presented a “Devil’s advocate” summary of events that MIGHT have been the victim’s side of the story. The ‘claim’ that she probably went outside to pee alone seems relevant. It’s just as plausible as the perp’s ‘claims’ otherwise. Anyway, there’s clearly a court transcript which resulted in the perp being convicted on three felony counts.

You seem to believe that your UW hook-up would have stayed stone-cold silent while they hauled your rear-end off to jail. I don’t believe so. The victim’s immobility during what the cyclists perceived as an assault–and the fact that one cyclist even checked her “to see if she was still alive”– is certainly news to me.

Sorry this story seems to be boring you now.

• Commenter 37

“You seem to believe that your UW hook-up would have stayed stone-cold silent while they hauled your rear-end off to jail.”

Given that neither of us had a full recollection in the morning, and the public embarrassment that would have been involved with admitting she engaged willingly in bush sex, I respectfully disagree. It’s as likely as not that she would have sat quiet.

That an unconscious person would be checked to see if they were ok/alive is not news to me. Unconscious people look like they are in trouble, especially if found in a place where unconscious people are not normally found.

“Anyway, there’s clearly a court transcript which resulted in the perp being convicted on three felony counts.” I have not disputed this or argued otherwise. Not sure your point.

• Puma_01

The sentence in the Bakersfield case was the result of a plea bargain and her guilt (criminal liability for her actions) had been very much in question due to her mental state at the time. Plus she was actually sentenced to 9 years in prison, but the sentence was suspended, meaning if she did anything wrong while on probation she would go straight to prison to serve her full sentence.

• agnosic1

Two words, “I’m okay.” She wouldn’t have said that caught in flagrante delicto?

Yeah, you’re committing assault when someone passes out, as well as taking your chances. But the ‘public embarrassment’ argument goes both ways…admitting to law enforcement that it was consensual, versus having onlookers testify you were rumbling in the bushes for an hour or so.

• Commenter 37

I can sense this is turning into more of your own flame war brigade, so I’m just going to stop replying now. Good talk.

• Raymond Chastain

> The sentence in the Bakersfield case was the result of a plea bargain

So if he had admitted guilt in this case, you’d set him free right?

> her guilt (criminal liability for her actions) had been very much in question due to her mental state at the time.

He was drunk, what about his “mental state”?

“Plus she was actually sentenced to 9 years in prison, but the sentence was suspended”

Ah so you’d be okay with Brock getting a suspended sentence then?

“meaning if she did anything wrong while on probation she would go straight to prison to serve her full sentence.”

Right, who cares about punishment right? After all it’s ONLY her second murder (She killed her first unborn child due to drug abuse) right?

Meanwhile in the Brock case:
    – Both parties were drunk, the accused was younger than the accused and was not even of legal drinking age.
    – Consent previously given by the accused. Cannot be proven that it was not previously given.
    – One party fell asleep during sex, no evidence to suggest she didn’t go their of her own volition.
    – He didn’t rape her, he only fingered her, a weird thing for a rapist to do given the alleged amount of time he had with her.
    – The accuser even stated she didn’t think he needed to have his life ruined.

He’s guilty because she was unconscious, no doubt about that. Meanwhile you’ll defend a REPEAT VIOLENT CRIMINAL AGAINST CHILDREN because “She wasn’t thinking straight”.

Pussy pass in action.

• Raymond Chastain

Worldwide women are excused for abhorent acts of violent both sexual and otherwise.

If 1 year in jail, 3 years probation, and life time sex offender registry is too little for assault against a 23 year old woman under questionable circumstances, then apparently no jail is perfectly suitable for a mother who sexually assaulted her own child.

http://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting/real-life/in-the-news/kiwi-mum-escapes-jail-after-sexually-abusing-her-own-one-year-old-son

There is also Singapore, where much like until recently in the U.S. only MEN could rape.
    “In an unexpected turn of events, the High Court here on Tuesday cleared a woman of six charges of sexual penetration of a minor after ruling that only a man can be guilty of the offences.”
    http://www.thestar.com.my/news/regional/2016/04/12/singapore-court-clears-woman-of-sexual-assault-charge/

Serial Female Rapist? Three years. And yes RAPE, not Sexual Assault which brock was convicted of.
    http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/EXCLUSIVE-Woman-posed-man-sex-teenage-girls/story-28979462-detail/story.html

Get drunk? Kill a man? Don’t worry! Only men are responsible for themselves when they’re drunk! Women just pay a small fine of $1000 after all what is a man’s life worth anyway right? After all it WAS his fault, because he wasn’t dressed properly!
    http://www.leadertelegram.com/News/Local/Briefs/2016/03/01/Felony-charges-dropped-in-death-case.html

What about repeat sex crimes against children? Oh look! Another female rapist with a suspended sentence! And she got to keep custody! How surprisingly fair.
    http://www.abc17news.com/news/woman-pleads-guilty-to-child-sex-crimes-in-jefferson-city/38062948

Would you like more examples?

• Raymond Chastain

The only reason people give even half a shit about Brock is because he fits their Man hating narrative.