Support independent, student-run journalism.  Your support helps give staff members from all backgrounds the opportunity to conduct meaningful reporting on important issues at Stanford. All contributions are tax-deductible.

Police Blotter: Feb. 24 – March 1

This report covers a selection of incidents from Feb. 24 to Mar. 1 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Wednesday, Feb. 24

• An unknown suspect stole a Stanford-owned laptop from a cubicle in Peterson Laboratory at 12:30 p.m.

Thursday, Feb. 25

• An unknown suspect broke into a vehicle by breaking a window, then stole a laptop and other personal items. The incident occurred at the intersection of Alpine Road and Piers Lane between 10:45 a.m. and 12:15 p.m.
  • An individual was cited for being in possession of a controlled substance and paraphernalia at the intersection of Mary Avenue and Washington Avenue in Sunnyvale at 1 p.m.
  • A reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from The Knoll between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
  • An individual’s bike was stolen from the Peterson Laboratory between 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Friday, Feb. 26

• An unknown suspect stole clothing from the Stanford Bookstore at 10:40 a.m.
  • A reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from the Lucas Center between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.  

Saturday, Feb. 27

• An individual was cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol at the Kappa Sigma fraternity house at 8 p.m.
  • An individual was cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol at Robert Moore South at 10:30 p.m.  
  • Two individuals were cited for being in possession of marijuana at Robert Moore South at 10:30 p.m.
  • An individual was cited for being in possession of marijuana at the intersection of Nathan Abbott Mall and Bowdoin Lane at 11 p.m.
  • An individual was cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol at the intersection of Nathan Abbott Mall and Bowdoin Lane at 11:30 p.m.  

Sunday, Feb. 28

• An individual was cited for public urination at the Kappa Sigma fraternity house at 12:10 a.m.

Monday, Feb. 29

• A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from Escondido Village Highrise between 12:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.

Tuesday, Mar. 1

• An individual was arrested for driving without a license at Pine Hall at 5:20 a.m.

There was one alcohol transport reported between Feb. 24 and Mar. 1, as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Contact Blanca Andrei at bandrei ‘at’ stanford.edu.