Senate continues discussion of funding reform implementation

In their weekly meeting Tuesday night, the 16th Undergraduate Senate continued conversations on implementing the funding reform that was approved by the student body in the December special election.

Senator John-Lancaster Finley ’16, who co-authored the funding reform proposal, said that the job of the current Senate is to set the standards and precedent for how the new funding policies will be managed.

Additionally, Deputy Chair Rachel Samuels ’17 noted that she was working with student group leaders on a survey to gauge student opinions and awareness on the burgeoning divestment campaign.

The Senate also voted to censure Senator Victoria Kalumbi ’15. Kalumbi, who is abroad this quarter, was censured after her original proxy to the Senate was unable to fulfill her commitment, forcing Kalumbi to find another proxy.

Contact Andrew Vogeley at avogeley ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Andrew Vogeley

Andrew Vogeley

Andrew Vogeley ‘17 served as President and Editor-in-Chief of Volume 249. He is a senior majoring in political science and hails from the great state of Texas (and he’ll be sure to let you know it). Outside of The Daily, Andrew is President of RUF, a Christian fellowship group. To contact Andrew, email him at avogeley ‘at’ stanford.edu