Stanford undergraduate yield rate rises to 78.9 percent

The Office of Undergraduate Admission at Stanford reported on Monday that 78.9 percent of admitted students had accepted their offer of admission to Stanford to join the Class of 2018. This represents a 2.9 percent jump from

Yield Graphic
(Victor Xu/The Stanford Daily)

the 76.7 percent yield for the Class of 2017 and the highest yield of enrolled students in Stanford’s history.

This means that roughly 1,690 students have enrolled to join the Class of 2018 out of the 2,138 students who were admitted.

These numbers are still preliminary, and are subject to change until the final class statistics are presented in September, according to Colleen Lim M.A. ’80, associate director of undergraduate admission.

“Any way you look at it, the Class of 2018 is extraordinary,” Lim said. “We anticipated that our overall yield would increase due to Stanford’s outstanding reputation and … the 8.5 percent increase in applications, but we were very pleased with these amazing results.”

Lim noted that the incoming class has a 50/50 split of male and female matriculants and represents students from all 50 U.S. states and 57 other countries.

Contact Nitish Kulkarni at nitishk2 ‘at’ stanford.edu.