Police Blotter: Feb. 19 to Feb. 24

This report covers a selection of incidents reported from Feb. 19 to Feb. 24 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SDPS) bulletin.

Wednesday, Feb. 19

• A cable-locked bike was stolen from the northeast side of the Track House lot at 295 Galvez St. between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for having false identification in his possession at 12:50 p.m. at Santa Teresa St. at Lomita Dr.
  • A reportedly U-locked and cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks at the 400 block of Lasuen Mall.

Thursday, Feb. 20

• An unknown suspect or suspects attempted to fraudulently have another person wire money to them at Eucalipto in Lagunita Court between 9:50 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for grand theft (bike theft) and possession of burglary tools at 400 Lasuen Mall at Serra Mall at 10:55 a.m. The individual was also booked on an outstanding warrant from the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office.
  • An individual received a FedEx envelope containing a check for a large amount of money. When the recipient called the company named on the check, the company said that the check was a fake.
  • A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from outside an apartment at Escondido Village IV- Building 124.
  • A bike was stolen at Kappa Alpha (664 Lomita Drive) that was reportedly locked to itself.

Friday, Feb. 21

• There was a non-injury hit-and-run accident involving two vehicles at 375 Santa Teresa St. and Samuel Morris Way at 10:30 a.m.

Saturday, Feb. 22

• An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for Domestic Violence at the 500 block of Salvatierra Walk at 4:12 a.m.

Sunday, Feb. 23

• An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for Driving While Under the Influence (DUI) at Sigma Alpha Epsilon between 1:00 a.m. and 1:09 a.m.
  • There was an incident of trespassing when an unknown suspect walked into the victim’s residence uninvited. When asked to leave, the suspect exited without incident between 3:40 a.m. and 3:45 a.m.
  • A bike U-locked to itself was stolen from Escondido V Highrise- Mirrielees House.
  • A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from in front of Grove Mayfield at 584 Mayfield Ave.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford ‘dot’ edu.

Caleb Smith '17 is a Desk Editor from Oakland, California and is majoring in public policy. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.