Larry Diamond wins Lyman award

Courtesy of Linda A. Cicero

Courtesy of Linda A. Cicero
Courtesy of Linda A. Cicero

Larry Diamond ’73 M.A. ’78 Ph.D. ’80, senior fellow at the Hoover Institution and director of the Center on Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law at the Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies (FSI), received the 2013 Richard W. Lyman Award at a private ceremony Wednesday afternoon.

Presented by the Stanford Alumni Association (SAA), the Lyman Award is annually given to a faculty member who has shown extra effort to engage alumni through volunteer activities.

Diamond is a very active member of the Stanford community, serving as the Peter E. Haas faculty co-director of the Haas Center for Public Service and as a professor in political science and sociology. Diamond has also presented “Classes Without Quizzes” at Reunion Homecoming and gave the Class Day Lecture at Commencement last year.

“Understanding Larry’s many administrative and academic roles on campus, his willingness to give his precious time and prodigious talent to Stanford’s alumni speaks volumes about his commitment to the university he loves so deeply,” SAA President Howard Wolf said to the Stanford Report. “We thank him for all he has done for the alumni association to date, and look forward to his continued service well into the future.”