The Daily stands in solidarity with the Black community. Read our editors’ statement.

Senate passes funding bills in emergency meeting

The 15th ASSU Undergraduate Senate completed the third emergency online meeting of their short time in office on Friday afternoon, passing two student group funding bills for the 2013-14 fiscal year.

The meeting, which began at 10 PM PST on Thursday evening, addressed funding requests from Seneca International — a student group focused on promoting women’s rights — and  Stanford Harmonics, a campus a capella group. Seneca International had sought funding for a speaker honorarium, while Stanford Harmonics requested funding for discretionary expenses. The funding requests totaled $2,545.

“These were funds for payments that had to be made as soon as possible,” wrote Senate Chair Ben Holston ’15 in an email to the Senate mailing list at the meeting’s conclusion. “We want to limit these emergency meetings as much as possible, but for groups that absolutely need funding prior to the start of Autumn Quarter we are here to help.”