Bike-on-bike hit and run this morning leaves one in hospital

A bike-on-bike hit and run collision occurred on Lasuen Mall south of Serra Mall at about 9 a.m. Wednesday morning. One person was transferred to the hospital after sustaining a head injury in the crash. Stanford University Department of Public Safety spokesperson Bill Larson said that the injury is not life-threatening.

Larson added that the collision constituted a felony hit and run. SUDPS is looking for the second bicyclist, who left the scene of the collision before emergency responders arrived. This person of interest was described as a white or Asian male, 19 to 20 years old with a round face and medium build. He was last seen in an off-white hoodie and blue jeans riding a men’s bike.

The public is asked to call SUDPS at (650) 329-2413 with any information about the incident and reference case number SF13-0021C.

Alice Phillips

Alice Phillips

Alice Phillips '15 is Managing Editor of News at The Stanford Daily. Previously, she worked as the paper's Deputy Editor, Chief Copy Editor, a News Desk Editor and a News Staff Writer. Alice is a biology major from Los Angeles, California.