W. Tennis: Matches postponed due to scheduling conflicts

After dethroning then-No. 1 Florida two weeks ago and cruising past No. 36 St. Mary’s last weekend, the No. 1 women’s tennis team will get an unexpected reprieve this weekend. Due to scheduling conflicts, the team’s home matches against Cal Poly and San Diego were both postponed.

Although neither match was a league clash, both matches are likely to be rescheduled. No date has been announced yet.

Stanford will, however, play an additional match next week. The Cardinal will play host to University of San Francisco on Wednesday, Feb. 29 at the Taube Family Tennis Stadium. The game will start at 1:30 p.m.

With four straight Pac-12 matchups looming on the horizon—Stanford travels to play Washington next Sunday, followed by road trips to Utah and Colorado—the Cardinal will relish the chance for a preseason tune up against the Dons.

-Miles Bennett-Smith

The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to the managing editor(s) of the sports staff (sports 'at' stanforddaily.com), keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.