Police Blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents from Sept. 29 through Oct. 4 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SDUPS) bulletin.

During this period, a number of bike thefts occurred throughout the west side of campus, including the theft of two bikes parked near Roble Hall.

Wednesday, Sept. 28

Between 3:20 a.m. and 4:05 a.m. a man at the 300 Pasteur Drive was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for public intoxication.

Between 6 p.m. the previous day and 8 a.m. today, someone stole a tool box from Bonair Siding.

Thursday, Sept. 29

At 8:30 a.m. at the intersection of Rosse Lane and Escondido Road a non-injury vehicle-vs.-vehicle collision occurred.

At 10 p.m. a cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside of 209 Running Farm Lane.

At 9:30 a.m. the Palo Alto Fire Department responded to a leaking fuel tank at 459 Lagunita Road. They covered the affected area with absorbent material. No damage was reported.

Friday, Sept. 30

Between 1 and 2 p.m. an unlocked bike was stolen from the outside of the Bookstore.

At 3 p.m. a vehicle was towed and stored because it was blocking a driveway at 725 Mayfield Avenue.

Saturday, Oct. 1

At 1:15 a.m. a juvenile walking along Mayfield Avenue was cited and released for possessing alcohol as a minor, resisting arrest and giving false information to a police officer.

At 2:45 a.m. a stolen golf cart was recovered at 713 Santa Ynez Street. The golf cart was also involved in a non-injury hit and run, vehicle-vs.-vehicle collision.

Between 11:45 a.m. to 12 p.m. an unknown suspect knocked a woman to the ground, stole her cell phone and ran northbound toward Palo Alto.

Between 1:50 p.m. and 3:55 p.m. high power lines running over the Stanford facilities yard at 225 Bonair Siding were brought down by a tarp shelter that caught flight from a gust of wind.

At 8 p.m. someone stole a backpack containing a MacBook laptop at the Cummings Art Building.

Between 6:30 p.m. the previous day and 8:30 p.m. today someone entered Sunken Diamond and vandalized the press box, batter circle and concession stand. They also stole a home plate.

At 9:55 pm a woman was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for driving under the influence and being in possession of marijuana.

Sunday, Oct.2

At 12 p.m. a cable-locked bike was stolen outside of 53 Abrams Court.

Between 6 p.m. Sept. 20 and 3:30 p.m. today, unknown suspects stole a banner and damaged the electrical box at the Varsity Tennis Courts.

At 4:46 p.m. at lot 10 along Lasuen Mall, two vehicles were towed and stored for being parked in a “No Parking” zone.

Between 7:30 p.m. the previous day and 5 p.m. today two locked bikes were stolen from bike racks located at the Littlefield Center on Lasuen Mall.

At 8:30 p.m. someone stole a locked bike at the corner of Santa Teresa Street and Governor’s Avenue.

Monday, Oct. 3

At 10:30 a.m. near Studio 4 on Dudley Lane, unknown suspects vandalized a bike by cutting the brake cables.

At 2 p.m. someone damaged the screens on the east side of the Florence Moore dining hall.

At 2:10 p.m. someone stole a phone from a backpack at Nixon Elementary School. The phone was later used to make calls to people on the phone list.

At 5 p.m. someone at the Housing Management Office at 565 Cowell Lane reported that the Student Housing executive director’s office was found damaged. No entry was made into the building, and nothing was missing.

At 6:45 p.m. a non-injury, vehicle-vs.-vehicle collision occurred at the intersection of Galvez Street and Memorial Way.

Between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. a cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack in front of Roble Hall.

Between 6:15 and 10:15 p.m. someone stole a bike parked under the stairwell outside of Roble Hall.

Tuesday, Oct. 4

At 2:07 p.m. a non-injury, vehicle-vs.-fixed-object collision occurred at the 300 block of Via Pueblo Mall.