Women’s water polo trio headed to World University Games

Pallavi Menon was one of three Stanford water polo players selected to play for U.S. at the World University Games in China.

The national champion Stanford women’s water polo team will have three representatives at next month’s World University Games, USA Water Polo announced last week. Senior drivers Alyssa Lo and Pallavi Menon will join goalkeeper Amber Oland ’11 on the American roster for the tournament, which is set for Aug. 11-23 in Shenzhen, China.

The U.S. will start the games in Group B with Australia, France, Russia and Mexico, taking on the Aussies in its first match on Aug. 12.

Oland played 20 games in her final season with Stanford, posting a 4.96 goals-against average and making her way onto the All-MPSF second team.

Lo and Menon were both massive contributors throughout Stanford’s championship season. Lo’s 42 goals were third best on the team and earned her an All-MPSF honorable mention, while Menon’s 34 were fifth on the Cardinal.

-Nate Adams

The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to the managing editor(s) of the sports staff (sports 'at' stanforddaily.com), keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.