Police Blotter

This report covers a selection of incidents from Apr. 6 to Apr. 20 as recorded in the Stanford University Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

During this period, a number of cars were broken into throughout campus and, in a change of pace, only parts of cars and bikes were stolen.

Thursday, Apr. 7

At 3:45 p.m. a vehicle vs. bike collision occurred.

Between 8:30 and 8:40 p.m., a camera lens was stolen from a woman’s unattended camera bag while she was taking pictures of the Claw.

Between 8:45 and 9:00 p.m., an unknown suspect stole the victim’s iPad from an unlocked vehicle parked by the Graduate Community Center.

Friday, Apr. 8

A piece of jewelry was found on the ground at the Varsity Lot and booked into SUDPS as found property.

At 2:35 p.m. a man at Campus Dr. and Galvez Rd. was cited and released for driving on a suspended license.

Between 2:50 and 3:50 p.m. in the Encina Hall parking lot, an unknown suspect stole personal property from the victim’s vehicle. The victim was not sure if the vehicle was locked.

Today is Saturday, Apr. 9

Between 6:15 p.m. and 12 p.m. on April 11 a man was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for being in possession of a stolen bike.

and Sunday, Apr. 10, comes afterward

Between 8:10 a.m. and 8:19 a.m. at Synergy, two people who didn’t want the weekend to end were involved in a verbal dispute leading to a physical altercation.

Monday, Apr. 11

Between 4:40 p.m. and 5 p.m., a woman was cited and released for shoplifting at the Stanford Bookstore.

Tuesday, Apr. 12

Between 9 p.m. the previous night and 8 a.m. this day, an unknown suspect cut out a portion of a ‘Home of Champions’ logo hanging in the Taube Tennis Stadium.

At 9 p.m. a license plate was found in the dirt parking lot on the north side of Lake Lagunita and stored at SUDPS as found property.

Thursday, Apr. 14

Between 8:15 p.m. Apr. 11 and 12:30 p.m. this day, an unknown suspect stole the lower front forks, shock absorbers and wheel from the victim’s locked bike, which is now a unicycle.

Between 12:45 p.m. and 12:50 p.m., an unknown suspect entered a room at the Allen Building through an unlocked door and stole an unattended laptop from the victim’s desk.

Friday, Apr. 15

At 12:30 p.m. someone reported that a fraudulent check for $3,500 was sent to pay for a $30 item. It was unlikely that any Nigerian princes were involved, since they’re all in London to attend Will and Kate’s wedding.

Saturday, Apr. 16

Someone entered a room in Kappa Sig and stole a laptop between 12:30 a.m. and 1:30 a.m.

At 3:20 a.m. a man in Escondido Village was transported to San Jose Main Jail and booked for an outstanding warrant out of Santa Clara County.

Between 8:30 and 10:30 a.m., someone smashed the front window of a car parked near the Stanford Barn and stole a purse.

At 11:20 p.m. a man was cited and released on a warrant from Santa Clara County.

At 11:25 p.m. two male students and a female student partying at Mayfield Avenue and Campus Drive were cited and released for being minors in possession of alcohol.

At 11:30 p.m. another male student at Mayfield Avenue and Lomita Drive didn’t have much fun, fun, fun this weekend when he was also cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol.

At 11:50 p.m. a man at Mayfield Avenue and Lomita Drive was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for public intoxication.

Sunday, Apr. 17

At 12:30 a.m. a female student was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol.

At 4:50 a.m. a man at Campus Drive East and Bowdoin Street was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for driving under the influence.

At 1:15 p.m. a juvenile was cited and released for shoplifting at the Bookstore.

Monday, Apr. 18

At 9:50 a.m. a small, smoldering patch of grass was discovered in the Galvez Field parking lot. The fire was immediately put out and University property sustained no damage.

Between 8 p.m. and 12 a.m., someone stole the side scoops and two quarter window panels from a vehicle parked in Lot 29 on Santa Teresa Street.

Tyler Brown contributed to this report.