‘Frosh Formal’ styles itself as Stanford’s own Yule Ball

By and

“Harry Potter” hysteria has spread to every corner of Stanford University and has now infiltrated campus events as well.

The annual “Frosh Formal,” which will be held in the Arrillaga Alumni Center tonight from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m., has been renamed the “Yule Ball” after the famous dance held at Hogwarts School during the Triwizard Tournament in book four, “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.”

The current Frosh Council selected this theme from around a dozen amusing and trendy ideas such as “I’m on a Boat” and “Casino Royale.” Frosh Council representative Arif Gilani explained that the council “wanted a theme that encompassed our entire freshman class.”

“So let’s be real…Who doesn’t like Harry Potter?” he added.

Not only was “Yule Ball” a fun and relevant choice, it’s also perfect that Frosh Formal, as Professor McGonagall would say, “is first and foremost, a dance.”

Frosh Council publicized “Yule Ball” with flyers, a Facebook group and an entertaining promo video that emphasized the theme as well the subtitle of the event, “Ballin’ at the Yule Ball.”

“The decorations and atmosphere will allow you to experience the magical world of Harry Potter,” assured frosh representative Dhruv Amin. Students can expect a beautifully decorated venue, a full dance floor and an array of desserts in the lobby for when their feet get tired.

On behalf of Frosh Council, Arif Gilani promises that “the Yule Ball truly will be where magic happens.”