We Love Jujubee: A look into this season’s best reality shows

We Love Jujubee: A look into this season's best reality showsThe next few weeks promise lots of sunny days on Wilbur Field, haphazard games of sloshball, a few midterms sprinkled here and there and everything else that is loved about spring quarter. The next few weeks will also have television finales galore, specifically the conclusion of many epic seasons of reality tv. Intermission understands that most Stanford students are busy and don’t have time to catch up on all things reality, so we have compiled season summaries of the most important programs to easily catch you up in time for the finales.

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains
In the daddy of all reality shows, seven-time Emmy winner Jeff Probst finds himself on another tropical island for the twentieth season of this smash-hit show. For this special anniversary, the players are not random citizens vying for the million dollars<\p>–<\p>instead, crowd favorites from past seasons are back to battle it out, with one tribe of “heroes” and one of “villains.” From the get-go, this show was packed with drama. On the heroic side, golden boy J.T. is proving not to be the honest farmer he made himself out to be when he won two seasons ago. Hagrid-esque Rupert is no longer in charge of the game, rather, he has become a lackadaisical figure, without much to contribute to the strategy or physical side of the game. The villainous tribe, however, is exponentially more dramatic than its adversary. Sneaky mastermind Russell went head-to-head with long-time veteran and master competitor, Boston Rob. With a divided tribe full of weak minds, Russell was able to persuade many that Rob was a threat and needed to be voted out. In the most controversial move of the season, lunatic Coach snuffed Rob’s proverbial torch–his proved to be unwise, because the next week, Coach was sent packing because of Russell’s mindgames. Make sure to catch the last half of the season–it has been one of the best. The tribe has spoken.

Amazing Race
Another reality television mainstay, the “Amazing Race” has proved seasons over that it is not only one of the “classier” reality shows, but also one that requires some skill to get ahead. Host Phil Keoghan (if nothing else, watch for his accent!) leads twelve teams on a race around the world for a million dollars, though many would say the race itself is the prize. This season, audiences find entertainment in teams like Jet and Cord, cowboy brothers that don’t go anywhere without their Stetson hats, and Michael and Louie, two stereotypical cops that are doing surprisingly well for the amount that they bumble around. Perhaps most hilarious though is supermodel couple Brent and Caite–the latter widely known as Miss Teen South Caroline, or the “like such as” girl on YouTube. She really is that stupid! With only four teams left in the race, expect the aforementioned cowboys or brother duo Dan and Jordan to take home the million in the home stretch of this epic race.

RuPaul’s Drag Race 2
The most underwatched and underhyped show on television is perhaps the most hilarious. Queen of all drag queens, RuPaul, hosts this hybrid of “America’s Next Top Model,” “Project Runway” and “American Idol,” which is in its second season on Logo, and, due to spreading popularity, now on VH1. Twelve of the most talented up-and-coming drag queens are put to the test in challenges that require only the most fierce outfits, incredible bodies, great wigs, and, of course, an insane amount of attitude. Never has a show on television had more drama and sass–both in and out of drag, these queens are nothing short of hilarious. As the season comes to an end, only the most fabulous ladies are left in the running for the title of “America’s Next Drag Superstar.” Raven, the rebel from L.A., looks like the kind of guy you wouldn’t want to mess with in a dark alley. With lots of tattoos and some threatening piercings, Raven screams “bad-ass,” but in drag, Raven is stunning, a classic beauty with hints of Angelina Jolie. Jujubee, the sassy comic relief of the bunch, is identical to one Kimora Lee Simmons, dripping in hip hop swagger. Rounding out the top three is Tyra, or as RuPaul calls him, “The Other Tyra.” Untucked, Tyra is an unassuming and soft-spoken young man, but transformed, Tyra is hot like Beyonce, and ten times more booty-licious. If only to satisfy your curiousity, check out “RuPaul’s Drag Race 2.” You’ll be hooked after five minutes.