The Daily stands in solidarity with the Black community. Read our editors’ statement.

Deceased individual found in Engineering Quad

By and

An updated version of this article can be found here

A deceased individual was found in the Engineering Quad near the Packard Electrical Engineering Building, prompting police to close off the area where the body was found as an investigation into the matter by the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Department is underway.

The University is currently compiling a statement regarding the incident, according to Public Safety spokesperson Bill Larson.

The Santa Clara Medical Examiner will conduct an autopsy, Larson added.

This report will be updated.

Contact Holden Foreman at hs4man21 ‘at’ stanford.edu and Erin Woo at ekwoo ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Holden Foreman '21 is the Vol. 257 president and editor-in-chief. He was the Vol. 256 executive editor (vice president). He was managing editor of news in Vol. 254 and student business director in Vol. 255. He hails from the city of St. Louis, Missouri and is studying computer science. Contact him at hs4man21 'at' stanford.edu.
Erin Woo '21 is a Managing Editor of News. A communications major and creative writing minor, she plans to pursue a career in journalism. She has also reported for The Mercury News and WNYC. Contact her at erinkwoo 'at' stanford.edu.