Deceased individual found in Engineering Quad

Part of Stanford's Engineering Quad, the area of campus where the death occurred.

An updated version of this article can be found here

A deceased individual was found in the Engineering Quad near the Packard Electrical Engineering Building, prompting police to close off the area where the body was found as an investigation into the matter by the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Department is underway.

The University is currently compiling a statement regarding the incident, according to Public Safety spokesperson Bill Larson.

The Santa Clara Medical Examiner will conduct an autopsy, Larson added.

This report will be updated.

Contact Holden Foreman at hs4man21 ‘at’ stanford.edu and Erin Woo at ekwoo ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Holden Foreman

Holden Foreman

Holden Foreman '21 is a Desk Editor for the News section. He hails from the city of St. Louis, Missouri and is studying electrical engineering, computer science and economics. Contact him at hs4man21 'at' stanford.edu.

Erin Woo

Erin Woo

Erin Woo '21 is a Managing Editor for the News section. A native of Atlanta, GA, she is a communications major, a creative writing minor, and a staunch defender of the Oxford comma (despite her copy editor roots). Contact her at erinkwoo 'at' stanford.edu.