Deceased individual found in Engineering Quad

Part of Stanford's Engineering Quad, the area of campus where the death occurred.

An updated version of this article can be found here

A deceased individual was found in the Engineering Quad near the Packard Electrical Engineering Building, prompting police to close off the area where the body was found as an investigation into the matter by the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Department is underway.

The University is currently compiling a statement regarding the incident, according to Public Safety spokesperson Bill Larson.

The Santa Clara Medical Examiner will conduct an autopsy, Larson added.

This report will be updated.

Contact Holden Foreman at hs4man21 ‘at’ stanford.edu and Erin Woo at ekwoo ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Holden Foreman

Holden Foreman

Holden Foreman '21 is The Daily's Executive Editor. He hails from the city of St. Louis, Missouri and is studying electrical engineering, computer science and economics. Contact him at hs4man21 'at' stanford.edu.

Erin Woo

Erin Woo

Erin Woo '21 is a senior staff writer. A native of Atlanta, GA, she is currently working her way through Berlin's coffeeshops, museums and bookstores. She served as a Managing Editor of News during The Daily's 254th and 255th volumes, and is excited to return this summer as a summer editor for Volume 256a. Contact her at erinkwoo 'at' stanford.edu.