Police Blotter: Oct. 10 – Oct. 17

This report covers a selection of incidents from Oct. 10 to Oct. 13 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Tuesday, October 10

• At 10:28 a.m., there was a collision between a biker and a pedestrian near 571 Escondido Mall.
  • Between 11:15 a.m. and 1 p.m., someone forcibly opened a car window and stole bags on Lomita Drive near Museum Way.
  • At 2:10 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the passenger side front and rear windows of a car and stole two backpacks near the Track House.
  • At 6:10 a.m., someone was arrested after ignoring the police while sleeping in a sleeping bag on a bench on Palm Drive.

Wednesday, October 11

• At 11:30 a.m., two bikes collided on Serra Mall near Lomita Mall.
  • Between 3 and 4:30 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the rear window of a car and stole a backpack near the Track House.
  • Between 3:45 and 5:20 pm., an unknown suspect smashed the rear window of a car and stole a laptop bag near the Golf Clubhouse.
  • Between 3 and 5:15 p.m., an unknown suspect attempted to smash the window of a car near the Track House but was unsuccessful.
  • Between 4 and 5 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the left rear window of a car and stole three backpacks on Lomita Drive near Roth Way.
  • Between 4:05 and 6:50 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the passenger side window of a car and stole a backpack near the Golf Clubhouse.
  • Between 8 a.m. and 7:06 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the rear passenger side window of a car near the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching on Vista Lane but did not take anything.
  • Between 4:20 and 5 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the rear window of a car and stole a bag containing a laptop, a French driver’s license and a thumbdrive on Roth Way near Palm Drive.
  • Between 3:30 and 6 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the right middle passenger side window of a car and stole a bag containing medical marijuana and vaporizers.

Thursday, October 12

• At 12:07 a.m., a noise complaint was made regarding loud music coming from the Enchanted Broccoli Forest house. They agreed to lower the music and move the party inside when notified.
  • There was one alcohol transport.
  • Between 11 and 11:35 a.m., an unknown suspect smashed the window of a car and stole a bag containing camera and camera accessories on Roth Way near Palm Drive.
  • Between 10:57 and 11:35 a.m., an unknown suspect smashed the window of a car and stole a backpack. The suspect then dropped the backpack near the car.
  • Between 11:01 and 11:35 a.m., an unknown suspect smashed the left rear window of a car and stole electronic items and jewelry on Lomita Drive near the 300 Block.
  • Between 10:30 and 11:35 a.m., an unknown suspect smashed the rear passenger side window of a car and stole a bag containing personal items.
  • Between 10 a.m. and 2:10 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the rear passenger side window of a car and stole a duffel bag.
  • Between 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the rear passenger side window of a car on Lomita Drive near the 300 Block but did not take the bags that were in plain sight.
  • Between 12 and 2:20 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the rear passenger side window of a car and stole a laptop near the Track House.
  • Between 12 and 7:15 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the right front window of a car and stole a handbag in the Galvez parking lot.
  • Between 6 and 8:15 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the front passenger window of a car and stole a backpack containing medication near the Iris & B. Gerald Cantor Center for Visual Arts.
  • Between 7 and 9 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the front passenger window of a car and stole two bags containing clothing and jewelry near the Oval.
  • Between 6:30 and 8:53 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the rear passenger window of a car and stole a diaper bag and some blankets on Lasuen Street near the 300 block.
  • Between 6:15 and 10:30 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the rear passenger window of a car and stole a backpack near the Bing Concert Hall.
  • Between 6 and 8:30 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the window of a car and stole three laptops near the Oval.
  • Between 6:50 and 8:20 p.m, an unknown suspect smashed the left middle window of a car and stole two bags on Roth Way near Lasuen Street.
  • Between 4:30 and 9 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the right middle passenger window of a car and stole four bags on Roth Way near Palm Drive.
  • Between 4:20 and 9:30 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the window of a car on Campus Drive near Lasuen Street. Nothing was taken.
  • Between 6 and 11:30 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the window of a car and stole a backpack on Campus Drive near Lasuen Street.
  • Between 7 and 9:30 p.m., an unknown suspect smashed the back window of a car and stole a bag on Roth Way near Palm Drive.

Friday, October 13

• SUDPS received a report of a sexual assault (forced oral copulation) from a Campus Security Authority. The incident took place in an on-campus student residence on the east side of Stanford University. The involved parties are acquaintances.

There was one alcohol transport reported between Oct. 10 and Oct. 13 as recorded in the
SUDPS bulletin.

Contact Sophie Regan at sregan20 ‘at’ stanford.edu.