Aziz Shittu signs with Philadelphia after going undrafted

The Rose Bowl Defensive MVP has finally found a home in the NFL.

After going undrafted, former Stanford defensive end/tackle Aziz Shittu has signed with the Philadelphia Eagles as an undrafted free agent.

Shittu became the seventh Stanford player to join the NFL this weekend as well as the second to do so in free agency. He will be joining former Stanford players Zach Ertz ’13 and Ed Reynolds ’13 in Philadelphia.

After tearing his ACL five games into the 2014 season, Shittu rebounded with his breakout year in 2015, earning him All-Pac-12 first team honors. He was second on the team with 57 tackles and lead the Cardinal with 14 tackles for loss, while also accumulating 4 sacks.

Shittu’s most memorable performance came on the biggest stage the team would face all season and in the final game of his career: Shittu wrecked havoc on the Iowa offense during the 2016 Rose Bowl Game on his way towards 10 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks, all career highs for the Atwater, California native.

The 6-foot-3, 279 pound disrupter, who was named a five-star recruit by Rivals in high school, ended his career with 76 tackles, 16 tackles for a loss and 5 sacks.

Contact Alexa Philippou at aphil723 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Alexa Philippou '18 is a political science major and a former Managing Editor of The Daily's sports section. She switched from the sports section to news her junior year, where she has worked on the university/local beat since. Being from Baltimore, she is a die-hard Ravens and Orioles fan who cried when the Ravens won the Super Bowl. To contact Alexa, please email her at aphil723 'at' stanford.edu.