Police Blotter: Jan. 6 – Jan. 12

This report covers a selection of incidents from Jan. 6 to Jan. 12 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Wednesday, Jan. 6:

• An unknown individual stole a laptop from an office in Suppes Hall between Jan. 5 at 6 p.m. and Jan. 6 at 10:30 a.m.
  • An individual reported that his or her allegedly cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks at the Li Ka Shing Center for Learning on Dec. 15 between 7:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.  

Thursday, Jan. 7:

• An individual was arrested for stealing a bike from the Huang Engineering Center at 8 a.m.
  • An individual’s allegedly U-locked bike was stolen from Escondido Village between midnight and noon.

Friday, Jan. 8:

• Campus Security Authority (CSA) reported to SUDPS that a female student had reported being approached by a man in his 30s whom she did not know. The man hugged the victim and kissed her on the neck without her consent. The incident occurred in front of  Lathrop Library on Jan. 6 at 9:30 a.m.
  • CSA reported to SUDPS that a female student reported that a male student put his hands down her pants without consent. The incident occurred on Alvarado Row.
  • CSA reported to SUDPS that a female student had reported being sexually assaulted this January.
  • An individual defaced an interior wall and exterior door with an unknown metal object at Schwab Residential Center between 8 a.m. on Jan. 4 and 8 a.m. on Jan. 8.

Saturday, Jan. 9:

• An individual was arrested for trespassing at Old Union at 2:10 a.m.
  • An unknown suspect stole two iPhones and money from a locker at the Arrillaga Outdoor Recreation Center on  Jan. 8 between 9 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.

Sunday, Jan. 10:

• An individual was arrested for driving under the influence in front of the Arrillaga Gymnasium and Weight Room between 2 a.m. and 2:34 a.m.

Monday, Jan. 11:

No incidents reported.

Tuesday, Jan. 12:

No incidents reported.

There were no alcohol transports reported between Jan. 6 and Jan. 12 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Contact Blanca Andrei at bandrei ‘at’ stanford.edu.