Weekend recap: Cardinal unbeaten over homecoming weekend

What happened this weekend in Stanford sports? Check our summary and recaps below to find out:

• Christian McCaffrey and the No. 10 football team put up 31 points against one of the Pac-12’s best defenses in the Washington Huskies
  • No. 3 men’s soccer tied UCLA 2-2 in the second matchup between the teams this season
  • No. 4 women’s soccer continued its unbeaten streak in conference games with a 3-0 win over Washington
  • After a huge upset last week against No. 4 Washington, No. 11 women’s volleyball swept Washington State at home
  • In one of its most convincing wins of the season, No. 13 field hockey crushed UC Davis 5-1, with goals from five different players
  • After losing four straight games, No. 5 men’s water polo earned two wins over the weekend against UCSB and SJSU

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to the managing editor(s) of the sports staff (sports 'at' stanforddaily.com), keepers of the souls of those sportswriters.