Police Blotter: Feb. 18 – Feb. 23

This report covers a selection of incidents from Feb. 18 to Feb. 23 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Wednesday, Feb. 18

• An unknown suspect made multiple phone calls and left voice mails to Building 530 between 9:00 a.m. Monday, Feb. 9, and 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 18.

Thursday, Feb. 19

• An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for battery on a peace officer and resisting arrest at 1:06 a.m. near Tresidder Memorial Union.
  • An individual’s reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from a Law School bike rack sometime between 11:00 a.m. and 8:45 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for being in possession of a false ID near Lake Lagunita at 11:20 a.m.
  • A two inch low-pressure gas line at the Central Energy Facility reportedly broke sometime between 1:45 p.m. and 3:31 p.m. PG&E later repaired the break.
  • A Campus Security Authority informed SUDPS that a female student reported that she was sexually assaulted in Fall 2014 by a male student. The time and location of the incident were not specified.
  • A Campus Security Authority informed SUDPS that a female student reported that she was sexually assaulted on February 6 by a male student. The time and location of the incident were not specified.

Friday, Feb. 20

• An unknown suspect or suspects stole cash from a locked file cabinet in a storage room of the Zambrano Hall basement sometime between 3:00 p.m. Friday, Feb. 13, and 8:00 a.m. Friday, Feb. 20.
  • An unknown suspect or suspect stole a victim’s department laptop from her locked Littlefield Center office sometime between 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 12, and 9:30 a.m. Friday,  Feb. 20.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole a CD deck from a victim’s reportedly unlocked vehicle in Parking Structure 5 sometime between 9:45 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.

Saturday, Feb. 21

• An unknown suspect or suspects turned over an unattended rental golf cart parked near Wilbur Way and Bowdoin Lane sometime between 1:00 p.m. Friday and 11:35 a.m. Saturday, causing damage from spilled battery acid.

Sunday, Feb. 22

• A victim noticed a suspect standing between the driver’s side door and seat of the victim’s vehicle in Parking Structure 6 at 2:00 a.m. The suspect fled in a vehicle when confronted. The victim’s window was shattered.
  • An unknown suspect or suspect vandalized two exterior walls of a Lomita Drive student residence with purple paint sometime between 6:00 p.m. Saturday and 7:00 a.m. Sunday, causing under $400 in damage.

Monday, Feb. 23

• An unknown suspect or suspects jacked-up a victim’s vehicle in front of Wilbur Hall, stealing the front right tire sometime between 7:30 p.m. Sunday and 6:20 a.m. Monday.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects vandalized the east wall of the Herbert Hoover Memorial Building with black spray paint sometime between 3:00 p.m. Saturday and 8:00 a.m. Monday.

According to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin, one alcohol transport was reported for the six-day period between Feb. 18 and Feb. 23.

Contact Sam Premutico at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu

Sam Premutico ’18 is a staff writer covering University and local news. A freshman from Brooklyn, New York, Sam has a wide range of academic interests, including biology and philosophy. When not in class or writing for The Daily, Sam enjoys solving crossword puzzles and playing for the Stanford Men’s Squash team. To contact Sam, email him at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.