Football live blog: Stanford vs. Oregon State

Welcome to The Daily’s live blog of Saturday’s Pac-12 North matchup between Stanford (4-3, 2-2 Pac-12) and Oregon State (4-2, 1-2). The Cardinal will be happy to be back in the friendly confines of Stanford Stadium after getting beaten soundly by Arizona State last Saturday. This is homecoming weekend for the Cardinal, and for a team that has maintained a nearly spotless home record during the David Shaw era, the pressure to win is all the more apparent. For both teams, a win in this matchup is absolutely essential to their North Division title hopes, and thus a shot at the Pac-12 Championship and likely a major bowl. Stay tuned to our live blog here all afternoon and follow us on Twitter @StanfordSports for live updates and analysis.

Winston Shi was the Managing Editor of Opinions for Volume 245 (February-June 2014). He also served as an opinions and sports columnist, a senior staff writer, and a member of the Editorial Board. A native of Thousand Oaks, California (the one place on the planet with better weather than Stanford), he graduated from Stanford in June 2016 with bachelor's and master's degrees in history. He is currently attending law school, where he preaches the greatness of Stanford football to anybody who will listen, and other people who won't.