2014 Deans’ Award for Academic Accomplishment recipients announced

Ten students were recognized for their scholarly achievements with the 2014 Deans’ Award for Academic Accomplishment.

The annual award, created by former Dean of Undergraduate Studies Tom Wasow, was given to “extraordinary undergraduates deserving attention from the Stanford community for their intellectual accomplishments,” according to a University press release.

The winners, with majors ranging from chemistry and bioengineering, to classics and English, were nominated by faculty and staff members who worked closely with them during the year. Finalists were selected by a committee created by the deans of the three schools of undergraduate degrees — Earth Sciences, Engineering and Humanities and Sciences.

This year’s winners are: Emma Dohner ’15, Jessica Holtzman ’14, Maya Sophia Krishnan ’15, Arthur Lau ’14, Emily Liang ’14, John Pluvinage ’14, Jennifer Schaffer ’14, Ruoke Yang ’14, Lynnelle Ye ’14 and ZiXiang Zhang ’14.

A ceremony was held for the students during a luncheon held Monday, April 28 at the Faculty Club.

Katherine Carr is a reporter for The Stanford Daily with a passion for science and public health. She comes to Stanford from Irvine, Calif., where she worked as a freelance writer for the Orange County Register. Carr is a prospective chemistry major and likes to write about science, politics and fashion. To contact her, please email kcarr2 'at' stanford.edu or follow her on Twitter @KatAnneCarr.