[adblockingdetector id="2"]

University streamlines lost and found email system

Several University departments have created a dedicated email address, lostandfoundsu@stanford.edu, to process lost and found questions. The joint email address, which now serves 17 departments, automatically receives emails and forwards them to point people in the various departments.

According to Stanford University Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) business operations manager Jamie Scalero, the email started as a way for departments to communicate with each other about lost or found objects, but has since become a means for the public to handle lost and found items.

“It has been pretty helpful … and a nice resource for the community [to go to],” Scalero said.

Those receiving the emails will include representatives at the Escondido Village Front Desk, the Bing Box Office, Munger, Rains, Tresidder Union, Governor’s Corner, the Stanford Bookstore, the janitorial services at Stanford and the SUDPS.

About Caleb Smith

Caleb Smith '17 is a staff writer from Oakland, California and is planning on majoring in public policy. He specializes in public safety and university issues but does not discriminate against other articles. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Co-director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.