79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

NFL Draft profile: David Yankey

David Yankey, Offensive Guard

Alter ego: “Papa Yank.” The Cardinal’s star left guard acts like the father of the Tunnel Workers Union — and he has the Twitter handle to boot.

CBSSports.com projection: 4th/5th round

Cardinal career: Yankey wasn’t the most highly touted recruit — most scouting services ranked him in the mid-40s for offensive tackles — but that didn’t stop him from playing in two games as a true freshman in 2010, making him the first Cardinal offensive lineman to do so in a decade. After battling back from a season-ending injury that year, he earned the starting job at left guard and by the end of 2011 he fit right in on an offensive line that was about to produce two early-round NFL Draft picks (David DeCastro and Jonathan Martin).

Over his final two seasons, Yankey would become the lead blocker for two consecutive 1,500-yard rushers, Stepfan Taylor and Tyler Gaffney. He won the Morris Trophy as the Pac-12’s top offensive lineman in 2012, earning consensus All-America honors that year, and he followed through in 2013 again to the tune of unanimous All-America recognition. He’s been the sledgehammer behind the Cardinal’s beloved power running game for two-plus seasons, and his absence will be felt going forward.

Pro stock: Even though he entered 2013 as perhaps Stanford’s most coveted pro prospect, Yankey has fallen on most draft boards since then. His physicality, size and experience aren’t in doubt; rather, most scouting services identify technical imperfections that will hold Yankey back. Yankey may not be the early-round pick he was once expected to be, but he’ll most likely hear his name called on Friday or early Saturday.

Highlight: Yankey’s job as a pulling guard is mostly a thankless one — that is, until it’s played back in slo-mo.

Contact Joseph Beyda at jbeyda ‘at’ stanford.edu.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the executive editor of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a senior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.