RT @StanfordRivals: Stanford has now scored at least 40 points in three straight games. The last time they accomplished that was in the And…: 14 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Michael Rector leads Stanford in receptions. With 4. Hogan spreading the ball as evenly as possible, per usual.: 17 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford defense shuts down Arizona after offense puts up a score. Very important response following early TD for Wildcats.: 22 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Of Wright's seven rushing TDs: 6 for 1 yards, 1 for 2 yards: 24 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Wright's second touchdown of the night gives Stanford a 34-10 lead. Cardinal rolling.: 25 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
For anyone that owns Christian McCaffrey in fantasy football, Remound Wright is about as frustrating as possible.: 27 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Arizona defensive line looks very worn out. Shaw throwing the everything but the kitchen sink at them isn't helping their cause.: 31 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
3 minutes into 2nd half, McCaffrey has 213 all purpose yards. Averaging 222.25 per game over first 4.: 33 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
75 yards in 2:43. Stanford tested Jerrard Randall and he has finally responded with accurate throws. 27-10 Stanford: 37 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randall getting much more reign to throw the deep ball compared to start of game.: 39 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport

NFL Draft profile: David Yankey

David Yankey, Offensive Guard

Alter ego: “Papa Yank.” The Cardinal’s star left guard acts like the father of the Tunnel Workers Union — and he has the Twitter handle to boot. projection: 4th/5th round

Cardinal career: Yankey wasn’t the most highly touted recruit — most scouting services ranked him in the mid-40s for offensive tackles — but that didn’t stop him from playing in two games as a true freshman in 2010, making him the first Cardinal offensive lineman to do so in a decade. After battling back from a season-ending injury that year, he earned the starting job at left guard and by the end of 2011 he fit right in on an offensive line that was about to produce two early-round NFL Draft picks (David DeCastro and Jonathan Martin).

Over his final two seasons, Yankey would become the lead blocker for two consecutive 1,500-yard rushers, Stepfan Taylor and Tyler Gaffney. He won the Morris Trophy as the Pac-12’s top offensive lineman in 2012, earning consensus All-America honors that year, and he followed through in 2013 again to the tune of unanimous All-America recognition. He’s been the sledgehammer behind the Cardinal’s beloved power running game for two-plus seasons, and his absence will be felt going forward.

Pro stock: Even though he entered 2013 as perhaps Stanford’s most coveted pro prospect, Yankey has fallen on most draft boards since then. His physicality, size and experience aren’t in doubt; rather, most scouting services identify technical imperfections that will hold Yankey back. Yankey may not be the early-round pick he was once expected to be, but he’ll most likely hear his name called on Friday or early Saturday.

Highlight: Yankey’s job as a pulling guard is mostly a thankless one — that is, until it’s played back in slo-mo.

Contact Joseph Beyda at jbeyda ‘at’

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the editor in chief of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the executive editor, webmaster, football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a senior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at"