79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Stanford to play host to USA Rugby National Championship Series this weekend

Several of the nation’s top collegiate rugby teams will gather this weekend on the Farm as Stanford will host the Western Regional of the USA Rugby National Championship Series this weekend, with the Sweet 16 and Elite Eight matchups of Men’s Division 1AA, Women’s Division 1 and Women’s Division 2 postseason play taking place at Steuber Rugby Stadium.

Both the men’s and women’s team will kick off their postseasons on their home turf, with the men looking to make the most of a bounce-back season in which it won its conference during its first season at the 1AA level. Meanwhile, the women will look to sustain the great success that they have enjoyed over the last several seasons. The women’s team played in seven of the eight national title games between 2005 and 2012 before an untimely early exit in last year’s draw.

The men will kick off their playoffs against Oregon on Saturday after having ripped through the Pacific Western Conference to the tune of a 6-0 conference record and an 8-3-1 overall record after facing tough out-of-conference competition. It was a tremendous turnaround season for the men, which experienced doubts in dropping from the Division 1A level after a winless 2013 campaign but found its move validated by the success that has rejuvenated the program this year.

Meanwhile, the women’s team will face Texas A&M in their first match on Friday and will likely be the favorites to win after a fantastic 5-0 run through its conference schedule, with a tough matchup against the winner between BYU and Cal awaiting them in the Elite Eight game on Sunday.

The events for the national playoffs will kick off with the Stanford-Texas A&M women’s match on Friday at 5 p.m. The men will start their postseason on Saturday at 1 p.m.

About Do-Hyoung Park

Do-Hyoung Park '16 is the head copy editor, a sports desk editor and a former Managing Editor of Sports at The Daily. He fills the "Crazy Old Uncle" role at The Daily, occasionally being allowed to throw up football stories and rant-y columns. Do-Hyoung is a junior from Saint Paul, Minnesota studying chemical engineering and computer science. To contact him, please email him at dpark027 'at' stanford.edu.
  • Nino

Hell yeah