Stanford football announced its four team captains last night: QB @khoagie8, LB @AJTarpley, FB @LeeWard36 and SS Jordan Richards.: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordFball: Stanford is ranked 11th in the preseason @AP_Top25 Poll. That is a school-record 65th consecutive ranking in the AP poll…: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Kyle Murphy also not participating today: 5 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Young and Pratt no longer in boots but looks like they're being held out. Wright isn't dressed but is taking part in blocking drills: 5 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Ipsen, Christensen and Schavone receive Pac-12 diving awards

The Pac-12 announced on Wednesday that the Stanford men’s diving squad took home all three Pac-12 diving awards: Diver of the Year, Newcomer/Freshman of the Year and Coach of the Year.

Junior diver Kristian Ipsen (above)

Junior diver Kristian Ipsen (above), a 2012 Olympic bronze medalist, garnered his second consecutive Pac-12 Diver of the Year award, as announced by the conference Wednesday. (HECTOR GARCIA-MOLINA/stanfordphoto.com)

Unsurprisingly, junior Kristian Ipsen was voted Diver of the Year, his second straight nod for the honor. A three-time NCAA champion, nine-time All-American and Olympic bronze medalist, Ipsen cemented his candidacy for the award by defending his 1-meter title at the 2014 Pac-12 Championships and placing in the top 10 in all three diving categories — 1-meter, 3-meter and platform — at the NCAA meet.

Freshman Bradley Christensen capped his excellent first season on the Farm by garnering the Pac-12 Newcomer/Freshman of the Year award. Christensen notched two top-10 finishes at the Pac-12 Championships, placing fifth in the 1-meter and eighth in the 3-meter categories. He was also twelfth in the platform.

Stanford diving coach Rick Schavone coached both athletes to their seasons, and for his efforts, was named the Pac-12 Men’s Diving Coach of the Year. Schavone, who has been at the helm of the Stanford diving program since 1979, received the honor for the third consecutive season. In addition to his coaching duties, Schavone also teaches the popular sports psychology class in the spring.

About Cameron Miller

Cameron Miller is a sports desk editor for The Stanford Daily's Vol. 245 and is the men's and women's golf writer. Cameron is also a Stanford student-athlete, competing on the cross country and track and field teams. He is originally from Bakersfield, California, but spends most of his time away from the Farm on the state's Central Coast. Contact him at cmiller6@stanford.edu.