Shaw on the Burns fumbled snap: "It was a poor center-quarterback exchange. It was supposed to be a pass and I saw two guys open.": 11 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We practiced outstanding the last two weeks...It's my job to figure out how to translate that to the game.": 11 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "I don't know if there's a better football player on defense in the country than Solomon Thomas.": 11 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We're not playing at the level we need at the quarterback.": 11 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "Offensively, there's a lot of questions we have to answer as a staff...that's on me.": 11 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "The defense was outstanding...Coach Lance Anderson did a fantastic job.": 11 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
This is the first time Stanford failed to score a touchdown since the game-that-must-not-named (i.e. 2015 Northwestern): 12 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Burns hits Irwin who laterals it to McCaffrey who drops the ball before Love falls on it. Appropriate ending for a mess of a game.: 12 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford will have four seconds to make some magic happen. Unlikely but, hey, it's college football.: 12 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Ipsen, Christensen and Schavone receive Pac-12 diving awards

The Pac-12 announced on Wednesday that the Stanford men’s diving squad took home all three Pac-12 diving awards: Diver of the Year, Newcomer/Freshman of the Year and Coach of the Year.

Junior diver Kristian Ipsen (above)

Junior diver Kristian Ipsen (above), a 2012 Olympic bronze medalist, garnered his second consecutive Pac-12 Diver of the Year award, as announced by the conference Wednesday. (HECTOR GARCIA-MOLINA/stanfordphoto.com)

Unsurprisingly, junior Kristian Ipsen was voted Diver of the Year, his second straight nod for the honor. A three-time NCAA champion, nine-time All-American and Olympic bronze medalist, Ipsen cemented his candidacy for the award by defending his 1-meter title at the 2014 Pac-12 Championships and placing in the top 10 in all three diving categories — 1-meter, 3-meter and platform — at the NCAA meet.

Freshman Bradley Christensen capped his excellent first season on the Farm by garnering the Pac-12 Newcomer/Freshman of the Year award. Christensen notched two top-10 finishes at the Pac-12 Championships, placing fifth in the 1-meter and eighth in the 3-meter categories. He was also twelfth in the platform.

Stanford diving coach Rick Schavone coached both athletes to their seasons, and for his efforts, was named the Pac-12 Men’s Diving Coach of the Year. Schavone, who has been at the helm of the Stanford diving program since 1979, received the honor for the third consecutive season. In addition to his coaching duties, Schavone also teaches the popular sports psychology class in the spring.

About Cameron Miller

Cameron Miller is a sports desk editor for The Stanford Daily's Vol. 246 and is the men's and women's golf writer. He also writes on NCAA-related matters. Cameron is also a Stanford student-athlete, competing on the cross country and track and field teams. He is originally from Bakersfield, California, but spends most of his time away from the Farm on the state's Central Coast. Contact him at cmiller6@stanford.edu.