SI also gave Jordan Richards, Ty Montgomery and Henry Anderson All-America honorable mention.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Peat was earlier announced as an ESPN 1st team, CBS Sports 2nd team, Walter Camp 2nd team All-American.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Accolades for Andrus Peat today: Morris Trophy (Pac-12's top OL), SI 1st team All-American, AP 2nd team All-American.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordRivals: #Rivals100 running back Cameron Scarlett just announced his commitment to #Stanford. Major pickup for the Cardinal: htt…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Who else but Penn State would Stanford face in the semis? Teams played five sets in the regional final last year and at Maples in Sept.: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
.@StanfordWVB clinches a Final Four berth, its first since 2008, with a three-set win over Florida. Off to Oklahoma City: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Modi named MPSF Gymnast of the Year as Card take second at MPSFs

Freshman standout Akash Modi received Gymnast of the Year honors from the Mount Pacific Sports Federation (MPSF) conference following the conclusion of the MPSF Championships last weekend, at which he earned two conference titles as the No. 3 Cardinal turned in a second-place performance, falling short of No. 1 Oklahoma.

Freshman Akash Modi (above) finished off an impressive regular season by winning the MPSF Gymnast of the Year award. (RICHARD C ERSTED/isiphotos.com)

Freshman Akash Modi (above) continued an impressive season by winning the MPSF Gymnast of the Year award. (RICHARD C ERSTED/isiphotos.com)

Modi’s MPSF titles in the all-around (89.650) and parallel bars (15.800) capped off a stellar season in which he was the only gymnast in the country to exceed the 90.000 mark in the all-around. He finished the regular season as the top-ranked gymnast in the all-around in the country. The freshman from New Jersey also led the Cardinal with 13 individual victories this season.

Fifth-year senior Paul Hichwa was the only other Cardinal gymnast to claim a conference title, as his career-high score of 15.450 on the high bar narrowly edged that of Oklahoma’s William Clement. Sophomore Dennis Zaremski finished second in rings with 16.150, while junior Michael Levy and senior Sean Senters contributed third-place finishes in the floor exercises and vaults, respectively.

Following the conclusion of the conference championships, Stanford head coach Thom Gleilmi earned his second MPSF Coach of the Year honor as he shared the recognition with Kip Simons, the head coach at Air Force.

The Cardinal will next travel to Ann Arbor, Mich. for the NCAA Championships, which will begin on April 10.

About Do-Hyoung Park

Do-Hyoung Park '16 is the head copy editor, a sports desk editor and a former Managing Editor of Sports at The Daily. He fills the "Crazy Old Uncle" role at The Daily, occasionally being allowed to throw up football stories and rant-y columns. Do-Hyoung is a junior from Saint Paul, Minnesota studying chemical engineering and computer science. To contact him, please email him at dpark027 'at' stanford.edu.