RT @StanfordWVB: .@StanfordWVB (18-0) off to its best start to a season since 1994 (20-0), led today by Morgan Boukather's career high 18 k…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
@andi_mcc @MsIngaSpoke @BlockInTheBack Thanks a lot. Never got sent quotes from last night's presser for some reason.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford drops to 4-3, the first time the Cardinal have three regular-season losses since 2009.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will fall out of the AP top-25 poll for the first time in 73 weeks.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Arizona State 26, Stanford 10, final.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan's 4th and 10 jump ball to Montgomery falls short, and that's going to do it.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
3rd and 10 with the game on the line... and why is Montgomery not out there?: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
This drive again a reminder that Stanford is not a team that plays from behind. This two-minute drill is kind of atrocious.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Marquess statue among planned Sunken Diamond renovations

As part of the ongoing construction efforts on campus, Klein Field at Sunken Diamond, home of Stanford baseball, will be receiving a facelift at the conclusion of the season.

“After all of the work that we did on Stanford Stadium last summer, Sunken Diamond was next on our list to receive facility upgrades and we’re very excited with the advancements that we plan to make,” said a Stanford Athletics representative.

The planned upgrades include a 38-foot-tall bronze statue of head coach Mark Marquess to commemorate his 38 years of coaching Stanford baseball, which will be erected just outside the ticket office.

The home locker room will be equipped with a sauna and hot tub for use by players and coaches as they wind down after games, while players’ lockers will also be labeled with gold plates bearing their names. The bathrooms will also reportedly include stall doors upon completion of the renovation.

Meanwhile, state-of-the-art landline phones will be introduced to both dugouts, intended for communication with the bullpens and the press box in case of perceived scoring errors or faulty pronunciation of players’ names by the public address announcer.

Construction will commence upon the conclusion of spring quarter final exams and is planned to finish before the start of the 2015 season.

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.