Langsdorf's header is saved and that'll do it. Santa Barbara defeats @StanfordMSoccer 1-0.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Bashti has a header go just wide. Only a minute left.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
3 minutes to go. All out attack on from Stanford.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
A series of UCSB injuries has slowed the second half. 12 minutes remaining with Stanford still trailing 1-0.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Second corner for the Card in as many minutes here late in the second half.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Now 18 minutes on the clock. A little more urgency coming from Stanford.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card certainly on the attack. Still 25 minutes to go.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Morris finds Bashti in the middle on a counter attack, but his shot is saved. 29 minutes left, still 1-0 UCSB.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Lacrosse downs No. 6 Notre Dame to extend torrid start

(ZETONG LI/The Stanford Daily)

Sophomore midfielder Lucy Dikeou (32) scored four goals on five shots, including the eventual match-winner with 4:05 remaining, to seal the Cardinal’s upset of No. 6 Notre Dame. (ZETONG LI/The Stanford Daily)

The No. 13 Cardinal lacrosse team extended its winning streak to six games and boosted its record to 8-1 with a come-from-behind victory over No. 6 Notre Dame (8-4) on Saturday.

Sophomore midfielder Lucy Dikeou led the charge for Stanford with her four goals on five shots and ultimately provided the match-winning goal with 4:05 remaining in the second period to push the Cardinal ahead to the final score of 11-10.

“They’re fighters,” said Stanford coach Amy Bokker to GoStanford.com. “They go down swinging every time they step on the field.”

Although the Fighting Irish led by three at the half, the Cardinal out-shot Notre Dame 11-6 in the second period and limited their turnovers as they scored four consecutive goals in eight minutes to turn a 9-6 deficit into a 10-9 advantage. Freshman attacker Kelsey Murray scored two of those goals as she and her .684 continue to lead the starters in shot percentage.

With the victory over the Irish, Stanford earned a victory against its highest-ranked competition of the season and is enjoying its strongest start to a season since 2011, when the Cardinal ultimately lost in the first round of the NCAA Tournament after starting the season 8-1.

The Cardinal will next host Denver and Colorado on Friday and Sunday, respectively.

About Do-Hyoung Park

Do-Hyoung Park '16 is a Managing Editor of Staff Development, lead football writer and copy editor at The Stanford Daily. He also writes about Stanford football for Sports Illustrated's new college football site, Campus Rush. In his three years, he has written primarily football, baseball, soccer, tennis, swimming and water polo, and has covered a Rose Bowl, a Super Regional run and three national championships. Do-Hyoung is a senior that is obnoxiously proud of being from Saint Paul, Minnesota studying chemical engineering and computer science. To contact him, please email him at dpark027 'at' stanford.edu.