RT @DavidMLombardi: Also, coach Shaw’s and Ty Montgomery’s comments today had a much more optimistic vibe re: Montgomery’s arm injury than …: 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jjarcega_22: Blessed to officially be committed to Stanford University!! #GoCard #NerdGang #Cali 🌲♦️🏈🙏: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWTennis: .@CarolZhao95 is moving on at the @BOTWClassic! With Zhao leading 6-2, 1-0, @wickytennis retires and the match is done…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Upset alert at Bank of the West Classic: rising Stanford sophomore Carol Zhao takes 1st set against world's No. 65 player, Yanina Wickmayer.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
#FullbackU RT @RWilliams_6: I am very blessed and honored to announce my commitment to STANFORD UNIVERSITY. #GoCardinal 🌲🌲🌲: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @TyGaff: Sincere appreciation to @Panthers nation for the support and love. I couldn't have asked for anything more given my injury. Tha…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Lacrosse downs No. 6 Notre Dame to extend torrid start

(ZETONG LI/The Stanford Daily)

Sophomore midfielder Lucy Dikeou (32) scored four goals on five shots, including the eventual match-winner with 4:05 remaining, to seal the Cardinal’s upset of No. 6 Notre Dame. (ZETONG LI/The Stanford Daily)

The No. 13 Cardinal lacrosse team extended its winning streak to six games and boosted its record to 8-1 with a come-from-behind victory over No. 6 Notre Dame (8-4) on Saturday.

Sophomore midfielder Lucy Dikeou led the charge for Stanford with her four goals on five shots and ultimately provided the match-winning goal with 4:05 remaining in the second period to push the Cardinal ahead to the final score of 11-10.

“They’re fighters,” said Stanford coach Amy Bokker to GoStanford.com. “They go down swinging every time they step on the field.”

Although the Fighting Irish led by three at the half, the Cardinal out-shot Notre Dame 11-6 in the second period and limited their turnovers as they scored four consecutive goals in eight minutes to turn a 9-6 deficit into a 10-9 advantage. Freshman attacker Kelsey Murray scored two of those goals as she and her .684 continue to lead the starters in shot percentage.

With the victory over the Irish, Stanford earned a victory against its highest-ranked competition of the season and is enjoying its strongest start to a season since 2011, when the Cardinal ultimately lost in the first round of the NCAA Tournament after starting the season 8-1.

The Cardinal will next host Denver and Colorado on Friday and Sunday, respectively.

About Do-Hyoung Park

Do-Hyoung Park is the Head Copy Editor at The Stanford Daily. Even though he is finally able to get into R-rated movies now, he instead chooses to spend his time writing half the sports section every week. Do-Hyoung is a sophomore originally from Seoul, South Korea and raised in Saint Paul, Minnesota pursuing a major in chemical engineering. To contact him, please email him at dpark027 'at' stanford.edu.