Over the 5-game win streak in the Big Game, Stanford has outscored Cal 201-75.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
None of Stanford's seniors will leave this school ever having lost the Big Game. Fifth straight claim to the Axe for your Cardinal.: 24 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford is bowl-eligible with its sixth win of the season!: 24 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
And it's a final from California Memorial Stadium - Stanford 38, Cal 17 in the 117th Big Game.: 24 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's a senior victory formation for this Big Game - Eddie Plantaric, Ricky Seale, Jeff Trojan among the seniors out there.: 24 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will just take knees to end the game instead of running up the score.: 24 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
There's turnover number 5 - an easy pick by Terrence Alexander. Almost a pick 6, but knocked out of bounds at the 4.: 24 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Gautam Krishnamurthi got in on that last drive for his final Big Game!: 24 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Lasco hits the perimeter and rolls in for the garbage-time touchdown. It's now a 38-17 ballgame.: 24 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Lacrosse downs No. 6 Notre Dame to extend torrid start

(ZETONG LI/The Stanford Daily)

Sophomore midfielder Lucy Dikeou (32) scored four goals on five shots, including the eventual match-winner with 4:05 remaining, to seal the Cardinal’s upset of No. 6 Notre Dame. (ZETONG LI/The Stanford Daily)

The No. 13 Cardinal lacrosse team extended its winning streak to six games and boosted its record to 8-1 with a come-from-behind victory over No. 6 Notre Dame (8-4) on Saturday.

Sophomore midfielder Lucy Dikeou led the charge for Stanford with her four goals on five shots and ultimately provided the match-winning goal with 4:05 remaining in the second period to push the Cardinal ahead to the final score of 11-10.

“They’re fighters,” said Stanford coach Amy Bokker to GoStanford.com. “They go down swinging every time they step on the field.”

Although the Fighting Irish led by three at the half, the Cardinal out-shot Notre Dame 11-6 in the second period and limited their turnovers as they scored four consecutive goals in eight minutes to turn a 9-6 deficit into a 10-9 advantage. Freshman attacker Kelsey Murray scored two of those goals as she and her .684 continue to lead the starters in shot percentage.

With the victory over the Irish, Stanford earned a victory against its highest-ranked competition of the season and is enjoying its strongest start to a season since 2011, when the Cardinal ultimately lost in the first round of the NCAA Tournament after starting the season 8-1.

The Cardinal will next host Denver and Colorado on Friday and Sunday, respectively.

About Do-Hyoung Park

Do-Hyoung Park '16 is the head copy editor and a sports desk editor at The Daily. He has previously served as the Vol. 245 Managing Editor of Sports and primarily writes football, women's soccer and columns that he's pretty sure nobody reads except for him. Do-Hyoung is a junior originally from Seoul, South Korea and raised in Saint Paul, Minnesota pursuing a major in chemical engineering. To contact him, please email him at dpark027 'at' stanford.edu.