Police Blotter: Feb. 25 to Mar. 4

This report covers a selection of incidents reported from Feb. 25 to Mar. 4 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SDPS) bulletin.

Tuesday, Feb. 25

• An unlocked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside of Encina Hall between 11:00 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.

Wednesday, Feb. 26

• A victim had one locked bike and one unlocked bike stolen from the breezeway of his residence at Coronado Avenue at Salvatierra Street between 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Thursday, Feb. 27

• A female student was reportedly raped by a male acquaintance at a Row House on the 500 block of Alvarado Row. The female student reported that the perpetrator used significant force during the attack, including choking her.

Friday, Feb. 28

• An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for public intoxication at the Vaden Student Health Center at 8:39 p.m.

Saturday, Mar. 1

• An individual was cited and released for being a Minor in Possession of alcohol near Campus Drive at Mayfield Avenue at 10:45 p.m.
  • Between Feb. 28 and Mar. 1, an unknown suspect or suspects entered into the Pre Court Institute of Energy Wing of the Environment and Energy Building (Y2E2) and stole a laptop and a power cord.
  • A credit card was stolen at the Environment and Energy Building (Y2E2).

Monday, Mar. 3

• A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the bike parking area near Building 160 between 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for rape, domestic violence and making criminal threats between 11:00 p.m. and 11:45 p.m.
  • Between Feb. 28 and Mar. 3, an unknown suspect or suspects stole property at the Environment and Energy Building (Y2E2).
  • Between Feb. 28 and Mar. 3, an unknown suspect or suspects vandalized a window in the Landau Economics Building by pulling the window frame and causing the hinges that open and close the window to bend.

Tuesday, Mar. 4

• An unknown suspect or suspects stole a watch from a vehicle between 8:25 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. at the 600 Block of Nelson Road. There were no signs of forced entry into the vehicle.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for prowling at the Yost House at 574 Governor’s Avenue between 3:50 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
  • Between Mar. 3 and Mar. 4, an unknown suspect or suspects vandalized the elevator leading up to the admissions office at the Knight Management Center at the Graduate School of Business by using oil to write “Death” and by making sliding hand prints.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford ‘dot’ edu.

Caleb Smith '17 is a Desk Editor from Oakland, California and is majoring in public policy. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.