Police Blotter: Feb. 19 to Feb. 24

This report covers a selection of incidents reported from Feb. 19 to Feb. 24 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SDPS) bulletin.

Wednesday, Feb. 19

• A cable-locked bike was stolen from the northeast side of the Track House lot at 295 Galvez St. between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for having false identification in his possession at 12:50 p.m. at Santa Teresa St. at Lomita Dr.
  • A reportedly U-locked and cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks at the 400 block of Lasuen Mall.

Thursday, Feb. 20

• An unknown suspect or suspects attempted to fraudulently have another person wire money to them at Eucalipto in Lagunita Court between 9:50 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for grand theft (bike theft) and possession of burglary tools at 400 Lasuen Mall at Serra Mall at 10:55 a.m. The individual was also booked on an outstanding warrant from the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office.
  • An individual received a FedEx envelope containing a check for a large amount of money. When the recipient called the company named on the check, the company said that the check was a fake.
  • A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from outside an apartment at Escondido Village IV- Building 124.
  • A bike was stolen at Kappa Alpha (664 Lomita Drive) that was reportedly locked to itself.

Friday, Feb. 21

• There was a non-injury hit-and-run accident involving two vehicles at 375 Santa Teresa St. and Samuel Morris Way at 10:30 a.m.

Saturday, Feb. 22

• An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for Domestic Violence at the 500 block of Salvatierra Walk at 4:12 a.m.

Sunday, Feb. 23

• An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for Driving While Under the Influence (DUI) at Sigma Alpha Epsilon between 1:00 a.m. and 1:09 a.m.
  • There was an incident of trespassing when an unknown suspect walked into the victim’s residence uninvited. When asked to leave, the suspect exited without incident between 3:40 a.m. and 3:45 a.m.
  • A bike U-locked to itself was stolen from Escondido V Highrise- Mirrielees House.
  • A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from in front of Grove Mayfield at 584 Mayfield Ave.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford ‘dot’ edu.

About Caleb Smith

Caleb Smith '17 is a staff writer from Oakland, California and is planning on majoring in public policy. He specializes in public safety and university issues but does not discriminate against other articles. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Co-director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.
Advertisment ad adsense adlogger