Police Blotter: Jan. 21-27

This report covers a selection of incidents from Jan. 21 to Jan. 27 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Tuesday, Jan. 21

• An individual was cited and released for petty theft at the Stanford Bookstore between 4:43 p.m. and 4:55 p.m.
  • A reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen at Building 420.

Wednesday, Jan. 22

• There was a verbal altercation between a suspect and a victim between 8:00 a.m. and 8:15 a.m. The suspect reportedly used words in a threatening manner.
  • An individual was cited and released for petty theft at the Stanford Bookstore at 11:44 a.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole a victim’s keys and sweatpants from a reportedly locked locker at the Arrillaga Outdoor Recreation Center between 8:30 p.m. and 9:15 p.m.
  • An unlocked bike was stolen at the Huang Engineering Center.

Thursday, Jan. 23

• Sometime between Jan. 23 and Jan. 24, an unknown suspect or suspects stole a victim’s SUID card which had a Go Pass affixed to the back of it at the Mcclelland Building.
  • An individual was arrested at Campus Drive and Serra Street at 11:25 p.m. and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for Driving Under the Influence.

Friday, Jan. 24

• A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen on Jan. 24 or Jan. 25, at Rains Houses.
  • A narcotics pipe was recovered at Old Union around 9:00 a.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole a victim’s iPhone 5 from the women’s employees’ restroom between 5:15 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. at the Lagunita Court Dining Hall.
  • A victim reported receiving unwanted texts and phone calls from another person.

Saturday, Jan. 25

• An individual was arrested between 1:30 a.m. and 2:00 a.m. at Bowdoin Street and Campus Drive and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for Driving Under the Influence.
  • An individual was arrested at 2:55 a.m. at Sigma Chi and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for public intoxication.

Sunday, Jan. 26

• An unknown suspect or suspects stole the victim’s longboard between 4:30 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. at the Arrillaga Center for Sports and Recreation.

Monday, Jan. 27

• An individual was arrested at 8:55 a.m. at Escondido Road and Campus Drive and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for Driving Under the Influence.
  • A missing person was reported. The missing person went missing after he left Quillen Court in Escondido Village at around 5:30 p.m. The missing person was subsequently found and is reported safe.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.