RT @catzdong: Relevant: @Stanford_Daily op-ed by @CoryBooker published in 1992 shortly after the controversial Rodney King verdict http://t…: 1 day ago, The Stanford Daily
Maya Krishnan '15 and Emily Witt '15 are 2015 Rhodes Scholars! That brings the @Stanford Rhodes count to 114.: 5 days ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @TSDArtsAndLife: John Barton talks to the @Stanford_Daily about Stanford's future "trans-disciplinary" Architectural Design program. htt…: 6 days ago, The Stanford Daily

Stanford net assets rose in 2013 fiscal year

Stanford University’s 2013 fiscal year report announced an 11 percent increase in net assets, which include Stanford Hospital & Clinics and the Lucile Salter Packard Children’s Hospital. The net comes to $29.7 billion — $3 billion more than Stanford’s net assets from the year prior.

The net assets of the Stanford Hospitals & Clinics alone increased 25 percent to $4 billion in the 2013 fiscal year, which ended Aug. 31.

Randy Livingston, vice president for business affairs and chief financial officer, attributed the growth to profitable investments, donors and an increase in healthcare revenues.

Stanford’s endowment also increased significantly. Trumping its own record high of $17.2 billion in 2008, Stanford University’s endowment reached a new high of $18.7 billion, an increase of 9 percent from the year before.

In terms of the University’s operating activities, the fiscal review reported a significant decrease in the amount of surplus. This past fiscal year, the University finished with $165 million in surplus from operating activities, a decrease from the $211 million in surplus the year before.

Operating revenues also increased by 4 percent, totaling $4.1 billion.