Stanford offensive line has flexed its muscles this game and issued a hearty "come at me" to the ferocious UCLA front 7. Advantage Stanford.: 5 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford has only allowed more than 14 points in a half once this season - to Oregon. UCLA has a long, long uphill battle.: 6 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's that easy. Touchdown Remound Wright. Sixth touchdown of the last two weeks for the senior. Stanford leads 28-10.: 6 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @m__petes: Call that bootleg, Shaw.: 10 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Field. Vision. Remound. Wright. Dude turned a 2-yard gain into a 27-yard gain.: 13 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford defense does not skip a beat on the opening drive of the second half. Get the ball back to Hogan!: 17 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
First-half lesson: Apparently it is not an NCAA violation to dress Andrew Luck up in an 8 jersey and bring him back for a game: 28 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
The only blemish for what was otherwise a near-perfect first half was the 6 penalties for 60 yards.: 38 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford is 5-of-7 on third downs. Kevin Hogan is 14-of-15. Stanford has 7.1 yards per play. We have an offense now apparently.: 39 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Cardinal field hockey misses NCAA Tournament

After a heartbreaking 2-1 loss to Liberty on Saturday in the NorPac Championship Game, the No. 10 Stanford field hockey team waited anxiously to hear if it had been selected to the NCAA tournament, featuring teams from all across the country. Disappointing news came that evening, however, as the Cardinal was not selected to participate in the tournament.

Despite the bitter end, the team had a very successful season. Finishing with a strong 16-5 season record, the Cardinal brought home the NorPac West championship for the fifth straight year and appeared in its eighth consecutive NorPac title game.

Battling top-20 teams seven times this season, Stanford was an impressive 4-3, never slipping below No. 13 in the nation. It was a tough blow for the team to miss the tournament – 2013 marks the first time in eight years that the team will not be competing in the tournament.

Perhaps most notable this season was the stingy Stanford defense. Led by junior defender Kelsey Harbin and sophomore goalkeeper Dulcie Davies, the defense played a huge role in keeping the Card in the top five in goal differential rankings.

About Carlie Tenenbaum

I’m Carlie Tenenbaum and I’m a sophomore. I’m from San Diego, born and raised, but love life up here on the Farm. I’m a political science major by day, and a sports writer off the clock. I cover field hockey, women’s lacrosse, and bits of both men’s and women’s water polo. I played both field hockey and lacrosse in high school and love staying connected to the sports through writing.