Police Blotter May 14-21

This report covers a selection of incidents from May 14 through May 21 as recorded in the Stanford University Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Tuesday, May 14

A U-locked bike was stolen from the rack in front of Wilbur Dining Hall between 9 p.m. on May 13 and 9 a.m. on May 14.

Wednesday, May 15

A known suspect who had visited the victim’s office several times in the past week left a non-threatening message in his cubicle that read “lay off assholes” at the end at the Arrillaga Alumni Center between 12 p.m. on May 8 and 5:30 p.m. on May 15.

Thursday, May 16

No reported incidents.

Friday, May 17

A male was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol on Mayfield Avenue at 12:05 a.m.

A male was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol, and another male minor was cited and released for providing a false ID to a peace officer on Lomita Drive at 8:30 p.m.

Saturday, May 18

An unknown suspect stole a victim’s locked bike from the bike rack in front of Schiff House between 6 p.m. on May 14 and 12 p.m. on May 18.

A male was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for public intoxication and for providing false ID to a peace officer near the intersection of Junipero Serra Boulevard and Campus Drive East at 12 a.m.

A male was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol at 12:35 a.m.

A female was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for driving under the influence near the intersection of Junipero Serra Boulevard and Campus Drive West between 1:20 a.m. and 1:25 a.m.

A male was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for petty theft with priors and on a warrant out of San Mateo Police Department near Mudd Chemistry at 2 p.m.

A male was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol on Mayfield Avenue at 11:45 p.m.

A female was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol on the Lomita Loop at 11:45 p.m.

Sunday, May 19

A female was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol near the Peter Coutts Circle at 12:47 a.m.

A male was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol near the intersection of Peter Coutts Circle and Raimundo Way at 1:05 a.m.

A female was cited and released for providing a false ID to a peace officer near the intersection of Junipero Serra Boulevard and Campus Drive at 2 a.m.

A male was cited and released for urinating in public and providing a false ID to a peace officer near the intersection of Lagunita Court and Mayfield Avenue at 12:30 p.m.

An unknown suspect attempted to make entry into a computer stock room on the second floor of the bookstore between 5:20 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. Keys were the only items taken.

Monday, May 20

An unknown suspect entered the victim’s vehicle by shattering the left front window using an unknown tool and stole the rear-view mirror assembly between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

A known suspect was served a Stanford University stay away letter which bans him from the entire campus at Palo Alto Court at 1:40 p.m. He signed the letter and said he understood he was not allowed on campus.

An unknown suspect broke the rear passenger side window of the victim’s vehicle and stole a wallet and digital camera on Memorial Way between 7:20 p.m. and 8:40 p.m.

Tuesday, May 21

A male was cited and released for being a driver in possession of less than an ounce of marijuana between 10:45 a.m. and 11 a.m.

An unknown suspect was seen in the front courtyard of the victim’s townhouse on Olmstead Road at 5 p.m. When the victim saw the suspect through the window, he walked away from the scene.

Liam Kinney is a hip young thing from Aspen, Colo. He has been a contributing writer at the Daily for a year, and now has his own column. Currently a sophomore, Liam is a prospective Classics and Symbolic Systems double major. He enjoys finishing books, cooking edible food, and reaching the top of the climbing wall - in other words, he is rarely satisfied.