RT @stanfordmswim: David Nolan steps onto the blocks. Goes 1:39.38 in the 200 IM. Fastest ever. NCAA title. Drops mic.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @RuleofTree: Quarterback KJ Costello commits to Stanford. 4-star rated as the 33rd best player in the country: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @treeSIDjorge: Stanford's home tilt with Vanderbilt in 2024 will mark the first ever visit to Stanford Stadium by an SEC program: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford announces football series with Vanderbilt (2021/4/5/7) and TCU (2024/7).: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @MikeReiss: Bill Belichick said RB Tyler Gaffney, who spent last year on IR, was at the facility every day. "Excited to work with Tyler …: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Crew heads to Pac-12 Championships

The Stanford men’s and women’s rowing teams will compete in the Pac-12 Championships at Lake Natoma in Gold River, Calif., this Sunday.

Stanford men's crew is looking to build off its Big Meet win this weekend at the Pac-12 Championships. (MICHAEL PIMENTEL/StanfordPhoto.com)

Stanford men’s crew is looking to build off its Big Meet win this weekend at the Pac-12 Championships. (MICHAEL PIMENTEL/StanfordPhoto.com)

The Cardinal is coming off mixed results at the Big Row against Cal two weeks ago, when the men won the Schwabacher Cup for the first time in five years while the women lost the Lambert Cup for the fourth consecutive season. Sunday represents a chance for No. 10 Cardinal women to get their revenge, though No. 1 USC is expected to come away with the conference title.

It has been four years since either Stanford rowing team won gold at the conference championships. In 2009, the No. 1 Stanford women set a course record en route to the Pac-10 title.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the editor in chief of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the executive editor, webmaster, football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a senior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.