RT @speedracer13193: "Tonight we will enjoy our feast, but tomorrow is when we really eat." -Coach Turley: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @UWVolleyball 3, @StanfordWVB 1 (25-18, 25-21, 23-25, 25-20). Card drops first match of the year, falling to 28-1, …: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Of the 17 teams that went undefeated in the reg. season, only 5 went unbeaten in the tourney to become nat'l champs (most r…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: This week, @StanfordWVB will look to become the 18th DI team to go undefeated in the regular season since @NCAAVolleyball b…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @LombardiESPN: Big: Stanford WR Ty Montgomery will NOT play vs UCLA: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @agonzalezAP: Stanford coach David Shaw said Ty Montgomery out for UCLA. Said after Cal game it was a right shoulder sprain.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford falls to UC Irvine 1-0 in extra time: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Crew heads to Pac-12 Championships

The Stanford men’s and women’s rowing teams will compete in the Pac-12 Championships at Lake Natoma in Gold River, Calif., this Sunday.

Stanford men's crew is looking to build off its Big Meet win this weekend at the Pac-12 Championships. (MICHAEL PIMENTEL/StanfordPhoto.com)

Stanford men’s crew is looking to build off its Big Meet win this weekend at the Pac-12 Championships. (MICHAEL PIMENTEL/StanfordPhoto.com)

The Cardinal is coming off mixed results at the Big Row against Cal two weeks ago, when the men won the Schwabacher Cup for the first time in five years while the women lost the Lambert Cup for the fourth consecutive season. Sunday represents a chance for No. 10 Cardinal women to get their revenge, though No. 1 USC is expected to come away with the conference title.

It has been four years since either Stanford rowing team won gold at the conference championships. In 2009, the No. 1 Stanford women set a course record en route to the Pac-10 title.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the executive editor of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a senior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.