RT @TyGaff: Sincere appreciation to @Panthers nation for the support and love. I couldn't have asked for anything more given my injury. Tha…: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Tyler Gaffney's path: minor-league baseball->1,700-yard 2013->NFL Draft->season-ending injury->waiver wire pickup while hurt. All in 2 yrs.: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @AdamSchefter: Patriots claimed former Panthers rookie RB Tyler Gaffney on waivers today after Carolina tried to sneak him through waive…: 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @AndyLucksBeard: I hear Marcus Mariota is taking golf & yoga this quarter. My senior year was more demanding, and I'm just a beard. #go…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @agonzalezAP: Tough blow for former Stanford football/baseball star Tyler Gaffney w/ season-ending knee injury (via @SteveReedAP) http:/…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Crew heads to Pac-12 Championships

The Stanford men’s and women’s rowing teams will compete in the Pac-12 Championships at Lake Natoma in Gold River, Calif., this Sunday.

Stanford men's crew is looking to build off its Big Meet win this weekend at the Pac-12 Championships. (MICHAEL PIMENTEL/StanfordPhoto.com)

Stanford men’s crew is looking to build off its Big Meet win this weekend at the Pac-12 Championships. (MICHAEL PIMENTEL/StanfordPhoto.com)

The Cardinal is coming off mixed results at the Big Row against Cal two weeks ago, when the men won the Schwabacher Cup for the first time in five years while the women lost the Lambert Cup for the fourth consecutive season. Sunday represents a chance for No. 10 Cardinal women to get their revenge, though No. 1 USC is expected to come away with the conference title.

It has been four years since either Stanford rowing team won gold at the conference championships. In 2009, the No. 1 Stanford women set a course record en route to the Pac-10 title.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the Football Editor at The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a junior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.