Over the 5-game win streak in the Big Game, Stanford has outscored Cal 201-75.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
None of Stanford's seniors will leave this school ever having lost the Big Game. Fifth straight claim to the Axe for your Cardinal.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford is bowl-eligible with its sixth win of the season!: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
And it's a final from California Memorial Stadium - Stanford 38, Cal 17 in the 117th Big Game.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's a senior victory formation for this Big Game - Eddie Plantaric, Ricky Seale, Jeff Trojan among the seniors out there.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will just take knees to end the game instead of running up the score.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
There's turnover number 5 - an easy pick by Terrence Alexander. Almost a pick 6, but knocked out of bounds at the 4.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Gautam Krishnamurthi got in on that last drive for his final Big Game!: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Lasco hits the perimeter and rolls in for the garbage-time touchdown. It's now a 38-17 ballgame.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Men’s gymnastics hosts rivalry meet against Cal

The No. 4 Stanford men’s gymnastics squad will host No. 10 Cal for the 2013 Big Flip Off on Feb. 17.

This will be the third time that the Bay Area rivals square off this season. Stanford won the previous two meets, most recently by a score of 438.250-425.900 on Jan. 19.

Stanford has not competed since Jan. 25, when it lost to No. 3 Michigan. During the three-week break, six members of the team traveled to the Winter Cup Challenge in Las Vegas to compete for a place on the U.S. Senior National Team.

Stanford senior Eddie Penev finished fourth in the all-around competition at the meet, earning a spot on the national team. The five-time All-American also won the vault title with a score of 30.300.

Penev has led the Cardinal to a record of 4-1 on the season. Stanford is also ranked in the top 10 nationally in all six events.

The competition will be the first men’s gymnastic meet televised live on the Pac-12 network. The contest is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. at Maples Pavilion.

About Jana Persky

Jana Persky is the president and editor in chief of Volume 246 of The Stanford Daily. She previously worked as a sports desk editor, news desk editor and managing editor of staff development at The Daily, and is majoring in Public Policy. Jana is a junior from New Canaan, Connecticut, who doesn't want to tell her mom and dad she likes the West Coast better. To contact her, please email eic@stanforddaily.com.