RT @wilnerhotline: Stanford fball stat o' day: Cardinal outscored opponents in 4thQ every yr from 09-12. Total pts: 424-304. Last yr in 4th…: 1 hour ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @LeeWard36: Honored to be named captain of this team. We are a tight knit family. Ready to help lead this team to special things.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford football announced its four team captains last night: QB @khoagie8, LB @AJTarpley, FB @LeeWard36 and SS Jordan Richards.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Men’s gymnastics hosts rivalry meet against Cal

The No. 4 Stanford men’s gymnastics squad will host No. 10 Cal for the 2013 Big Flip Off on Feb. 17.

This will be the third time that the Bay Area rivals square off this season. Stanford won the previous two meets, most recently by a score of 438.250-425.900 on Jan. 19.

Stanford has not competed since Jan. 25, when it lost to No. 3 Michigan. During the three-week break, six members of the team traveled to the Winter Cup Challenge in Las Vegas to compete for a place on the U.S. Senior National Team.

Stanford senior Eddie Penev finished fourth in the all-around competition at the meet, earning a spot on the national team. The five-time All-American also won the vault title with a score of 30.300.

Penev has led the Cardinal to a record of 4-1 on the season. Stanford is also ranked in the top 10 nationally in all six events.

The competition will be the first men’s gymnastic meet televised live on the Pac-12 network. The contest is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. at Maples Pavilion.