Parry knew he wasn't going to play all week and he acted as an extra coach and mentor to Phillips as the week progressed.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw says it's good to see explosive TD strikes again because "that's the kind of players we've got.": 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
As coaches, the staff was looking to make the game as simple and fun as possible for offense. "Streamlining" was a word that was used: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw attributes the sacks to great coverage forcing Mannion to not get the ball off more than anything else.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
"Point blank: what we had been doing wasn't good enough." Shaw about the offense: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw says that the world was never crashing down for the team inside the locker room. Never felt that way.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
"Washington State was close, but for the first time offensively, it felt like us." - Shaw: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford 38, Oregon State 14. Final.: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Men’s gymnastics hosts rivalry meet against Cal

The No. 4 Stanford men’s gymnastics squad will host No. 10 Cal for the 2013 Big Flip Off on Feb. 17.

This will be the third time that the Bay Area rivals square off this season. Stanford won the previous two meets, most recently by a score of 438.250-425.900 on Jan. 19.

Stanford has not competed since Jan. 25, when it lost to No. 3 Michigan. During the three-week break, six members of the team traveled to the Winter Cup Challenge in Las Vegas to compete for a place on the U.S. Senior National Team.

Stanford senior Eddie Penev finished fourth in the all-around competition at the meet, earning a spot on the national team. The five-time All-American also won the vault title with a score of 30.300.

Penev has led the Cardinal to a record of 4-1 on the season. Stanford is also ranked in the top 10 nationally in all six events.

The competition will be the first men’s gymnastic meet televised live on the Pac-12 network. The contest is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. at Maples Pavilion.

About Jana Persky

Jana Persky is the president and editor in chief of Volume 246 of The Stanford Daily. She previously worked as a sports desk editor, news desk editor and managing editor of staff development at The Daily, and is majoring in Public Policy. Jana is a junior from New Canaan, Connecticut, who doesn't want to tell her mom and dad she likes the West Coast better. To contact her, please email eic@stanforddaily.com.
Advertisment ad adsense adlogger