Shaw says front seven making up for lack of size with plenty of speed and quickness. Specific praise for Alfieri and Scarlett.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw: "Everybody in our conference can beat everybody in our conference. It's the Wild West every single week.": 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
On Hogan: "if he gets that ankle healthy, he once again becomes a dual threat in the pocket." Makes the bye week more important.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @dohyoungpark: Shaw: "We need this bye." Doesn't think a bye week will slow down the team's roll.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw individually praised McCaffrey, Sanders, Love and Wright. Clearly very pleased with his backfield.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw on Hogan: "He's playing the best football of his career.": 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Well that's just about it folks. Stanford improves to 4-1, 3-0 in Pac-12. Your final score from Stanford Stadium: Stanford 55 - Arizona 17.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Chryst has Risen. The sophomore QB to Stallworth, the first TD for both of them. Stanford breaks into the 50s, 4:03 to play.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Men’s gymnastics hosts rivalry meet against Cal

The No. 4 Stanford men’s gymnastics squad will host No. 10 Cal for the 2013 Big Flip Off on Feb. 17.

This will be the third time that the Bay Area rivals square off this season. Stanford won the previous two meets, most recently by a score of 438.250-425.900 on Jan. 19.

Stanford has not competed since Jan. 25, when it lost to No. 3 Michigan. During the three-week break, six members of the team traveled to the Winter Cup Challenge in Las Vegas to compete for a place on the U.S. Senior National Team.

Stanford senior Eddie Penev finished fourth in the all-around competition at the meet, earning a spot on the national team. The five-time All-American also won the vault title with a score of 30.300.

Penev has led the Cardinal to a record of 4-1 on the season. Stanford is also ranked in the top 10 nationally in all six events.

The competition will be the first men’s gymnastic meet televised live on the Pac-12 network. The contest is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. at Maples Pavilion.

About Jana Persky

Jana Persky is the president and editor in chief of Volume 246 of The Stanford Daily. She previously worked as a sports desk editor, news desk editor and managing editor of staff development at The Daily, and is majoring in Public Policy. Jana is a junior from New Canaan, Connecticut, who doesn't want to tell her mom and dad she likes the West Coast better. To contact her, please email