Stanford Law School among top five rank in conflicting reports

The Stanford Law School has been ranked as the best in the nation in new law school rankings compiled by the National Jurist. The University of Virginia and UC-Berkeley followed Stanford in second and third place, respectively.

The National Jurist’s rankings differ significantly from those of U.S. News and World Report, which ranks Stanford second but otherwise has an entirely different top five.

According to Brian Leiter, professor of law at the University of Chicago, the difference is a result of the National Jurist’s “somewhat more baroque methodology.”

National Jurist relies extensively on students’ assessments of their academic experience, incorporating results from the site Rate My Professors. The site has been criticized previously for inaccurate information and a lack of contributions from graduate students.

About Ileana Najarro

Ileana Najarro is the Managing Editor of News at The Stanford Daily. She previously worked as a News Desk Editor and Staff Writer.