First three drives for Stanford: 43, 65, 63 yards. Setting tempo behind confident Hogan and McCaffrey finding holes.: 7 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
MCCAFFREY WITH THE TD. 79 yds for the sophomore with 48 sec. to play in the 1st quarter. That's right -- the 1st quarter. Stanford up 13-0.: 7 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan weaves around defense, throws to Cajuste for a 32-yd gain. First down in the red zone.: 10 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Francis Owusu picks up the first down on a five-yard gain for Stanford. McCaffrey follows with another for the Cardinal.: 11 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
PAC-12 UPDATE: ASU scores to put Sun Devils up 38-23 with less than a minute to play. The undefeated Bruins have fallen.: 12 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randall nearly sacked by not one but two Stanford players, escapes & gets off a deep but overthrown pass. Cats kick after two penalties: 15 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
McCaffrey with 65 yd with 5:31 to play in the quarter. That 49-yard rush was the longest of his career.: 19 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Great start for Ukropina. 2/2 after missing short yardage field goal last week. Could be in for a busy night.: 20 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
2-2 on the past 2 drives for Ukropina. Cardinal getting into 'Cat territory but haven't been able to convert on 3rd down to extend drives.: 21 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan sacked on third down by Reggie Gilbert. Ukropina on the field, going for the 41-yd fg attempt: 22 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Softball’s Jenna Rich named espnW Preseason All-American

Senior shortstop Jenna Rich was named to espnW’s All-American Second Team on the eve of Stanford’s season debut at the Kajikawa Classic today. A three-time All-Pac-12 selection and two-time All-West Region First Team honoree, Rich led the Card in several offensive categories while playing second base last season.

Her 66 RBI tied a Stanford single-season record and led the Pac-12 and ranked 12th nationally. And her career numbers continue to climb up the program’s all-time lists. She is currently fourth in slugging percentage (.595), fifth in home runs and RBI (33 and 162, respectively), seventh in batting average (.332) and 10th in runs scored (123).

The Cardinal, ranked No. 21 in the preseason, will have little time to settle in as it opens the 2013 season against Bradley from Tempe, Ariz. today at 3 p.m. PST. Stanford will meet No. 2 Oklahoma and the reigning Collegiate Player of the Year in pitcher Keilani Ricketts tomorrow morning.

—Miles Bennett-Smith

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at