@treeSIDjorge Yet the Cardinal has won the conference five times over that stretch...: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @treeSIDjorge: Two-time defending champion Stanford second in Pac-12 preseason media poll ... poll began in 1961, Cardinal not once pick…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @CWCameronWalker: By far the hardest decision of my life, but I will spend the next chapter of my life at Stanford University under Coac…: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordRivals: Four-star forward Cameron Walker, the nation's No. 61 player, just tweeted that he has committed to #Stanford. Huge get…: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Softball’s Jenna Rich named espnW Preseason All-American

Senior shortstop Jenna Rich was named to espnW’s All-American Second Team on the eve of Stanford’s season debut at the Kajikawa Classic today. A three-time All-Pac-12 selection and two-time All-West Region First Team honoree, Rich led the Card in several offensive categories while playing second base last season.

Her 66 RBI tied a Stanford single-season record and led the Pac-12 and ranked 12th nationally. And her career numbers continue to climb up the program’s all-time lists. She is currently fourth in slugging percentage (.595), fifth in home runs and RBI (33 and 162, respectively), seventh in batting average (.332) and 10th in runs scored (123).

The Cardinal, ranked No. 21 in the preseason, will have little time to settle in as it opens the 2013 season against Bradley from Tempe, Ariz. today at 3 p.m. PST. Stanford will meet No. 2 Oklahoma and the reigning Collegiate Player of the Year in pitcher Keilani Ricketts tomorrow morning.

—Miles Bennett-Smith

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at eic@stanforddaily.com