RT @StanfordWVB: .@StanfordWVB (18-0) off to its best start to a season since 1994 (20-0), led today by Morgan Boukather's career high 18 k…: 12 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
@andi_mcc @MsIngaSpoke @BlockInTheBack Thanks a lot. Never got sent quotes from last night's presser for some reason.: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford drops to 4-3, the first time the Cardinal have three regular-season losses since 2009.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will fall out of the AP top-25 poll for the first time in 73 weeks.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Arizona State 26, Stanford 10, final.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan's 4th and 10 jump ball to Montgomery falls short, and that's going to do it.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
3rd and 10 with the game on the line... and why is Montgomery not out there?: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
This drive again a reminder that Stanford is not a team that plays from behind. This two-minute drill is kind of atrocious.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Gonzalez knocks it in from 31. ASU takes a 26-10 lead.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Softball’s Jenna Rich named espnW Preseason All-American

Senior shortstop Jenna Rich was named to espnW’s All-American Second Team on the eve of Stanford’s season debut at the Kajikawa Classic today. A three-time All-Pac-12 selection and two-time All-West Region First Team honoree, Rich led the Card in several offensive categories while playing second base last season.

Her 66 RBI tied a Stanford single-season record and led the Pac-12 and ranked 12th nationally. And her career numbers continue to climb up the program’s all-time lists. She is currently fourth in slugging percentage (.595), fifth in home runs and RBI (33 and 162, respectively), seventh in batting average (.332) and 10th in runs scored (123).

The Cardinal, ranked No. 21 in the preseason, will have little time to settle in as it opens the 2013 season against Bradley from Tempe, Ariz. today at 3 p.m. PST. Stanford will meet No. 2 Oklahoma and the reigning Collegiate Player of the Year in pitcher Keilani Ricketts tomorrow morning.

—Miles Bennett-Smith

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at eic@stanforddaily.com