Stanford at 11th in the first coaches poll of the season.: 1 hour ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @DavidMLombardi: Also, coach Shaw’s and Ty Montgomery’s comments today had a much more optimistic vibe re: Montgomery’s arm injury than …: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jjarcega_22: Blessed to officially be committed to Stanford University!! #GoCard #NerdGang #Cali 🌲♦️🏈🙏: 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWTennis: .@CarolZhao95 is moving on at the @BOTWClassic! With Zhao leading 6-2, 1-0, @wickytennis retires and the match is done…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Upset alert at Bank of the West Classic: rising Stanford sophomore Carol Zhao takes 1st set against world's No. 65 player, Yanina Wickmayer.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
#FullbackU RT @RWilliams_6: I am very blessed and honored to announce my commitment to STANFORD UNIVERSITY. #GoCardinal 🌲🌲🌲: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Football inks 12 recruits on National Signing Day

Twelve high-school seniors signed National Letters of Intent to join the Stanford football on Wednesday morning. Just a year after the Cardinal was a big winner on National Signing Day in 2012, the proceedings were far from dramatic this time around, as Stanford signed all its committed recruits and failed to lure four-star receiver Jordan Cunningham away from Vanderbilt.

As the Cardinal only graduated a handful of seniors and got several current players to sign on for a fifth year, the 2013 recruiting class is one of the smallest in the nation and, as a result, middles in most recruiting rankings. But it includes four-star quarterback Ryan Burns, receiver Francis Owusu and linebacker Peter Kalambayi, as well as defensive back Sean Barton, who will take two years off for an LDS mission in Africa before enrolling.

Stanford’s haul also includes three-star tight ends Austin Hooper, Eric Cotton and Greg Taboada, who will look to fill the void left by the departed Zach Ertz and Levine Toilolo.

—Joseph Beyda

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.