79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Football inks 12 recruits on National Signing Day

Twelve high-school seniors signed National Letters of Intent to join the Stanford football on Wednesday morning. Just a year after the Cardinal was a big winner on National Signing Day in 2012, the proceedings were far from dramatic this time around, as Stanford signed all its committed recruits and failed to lure four-star receiver Jordan Cunningham away from Vanderbilt.

As the Cardinal only graduated a handful of seniors and got several current players to sign on for a fifth year, the 2013 recruiting class is one of the smallest in the nation and, as a result, middles in most recruiting rankings. But it includes four-star quarterback Ryan Burns, receiver Francis Owusu and linebacker Peter Kalambayi, as well as defensive back Sean Barton, who will take two years off for an LDS mission in Africa before enrolling.

Stanford’s haul also includes three-star tight ends Austin Hooper, Eric Cotton and Greg Taboada, who will look to fill the void left by the departed Zach Ertz and Levine Toilolo.

—Joseph Beyda

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to awesthem 'at' stanford.edu to reach Ashley Westhem, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.