Stanford falls to UC Irvine 1-0 in extra time: 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer offside to end regular time, we're headed to golden goal and extra time: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer earns a corner on the counter: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Another Stanford header off of a corner goes wide: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Edwards for Skundrich: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford really lacking the last ball: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Vincent collides with heads with a UCI player: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Morris also back in: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Ty Thompson comes on for Austin Meyer: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
UCI look as though they may be content to try and play for penalties, no one even attempted to get on the end of the last cross: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Football inks 12 recruits on National Signing Day

Twelve high-school seniors signed National Letters of Intent to join the Stanford football on Wednesday morning. Just a year after the Cardinal was a big winner on National Signing Day in 2012, the proceedings were far from dramatic this time around, as Stanford signed all its committed recruits and failed to lure four-star receiver Jordan Cunningham away from Vanderbilt.

As the Cardinal only graduated a handful of seniors and got several current players to sign on for a fifth year, the 2013 recruiting class is one of the smallest in the nation and, as a result, middles in most recruiting rankings. But it includes four-star quarterback Ryan Burns, receiver Francis Owusu and linebacker Peter Kalambayi, as well as defensive back Sean Barton, who will take two years off for an LDS mission in Africa before enrolling.

Stanford’s haul also includes three-star tight ends Austin Hooper, Eric Cotton and Greg Taboada, who will look to fill the void left by the departed Zach Ertz and Levine Toilolo.

—Joseph Beyda

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.