RT @StanfordWSoccer: Stanford vs. North Carolina, season opener underway after lightning delay, at 5:18 p.m. PT.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWSoccer: Stanford lineup: GK - Campbell; D - Liedle, Romine, Bauer, Amack; M - Doll, LaBonta, Sullivan; F - Walker-Hartshorn, U…: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordFball: #FearOwen MT @NicoleAuerbach: David Shaw's great stories about two-way Owen Marecic, 'bad-ass periods,' zen moments: htt…: 12 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @wilnerhotline: Stanford fball stat o' day: Cardinal outscored opponents in 4thQ every yr from 09-12. Total pts: 424-304. Last yr in 4th…: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @LeeWard36: Honored to be named captain of this team. We are a tight knit family. Ready to help lead this team to special things.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Football inks 12 recruits on National Signing Day

Twelve high-school seniors signed National Letters of Intent to join the Stanford football on Wednesday morning. Just a year after the Cardinal was a big winner on National Signing Day in 2012, the proceedings were far from dramatic this time around, as Stanford signed all its committed recruits and failed to lure four-star receiver Jordan Cunningham away from Vanderbilt.

As the Cardinal only graduated a handful of seniors and got several current players to sign on for a fifth year, the 2013 recruiting class is one of the smallest in the nation and, as a result, middles in most recruiting rankings. But it includes four-star quarterback Ryan Burns, receiver Francis Owusu and linebacker Peter Kalambayi, as well as defensive back Sean Barton, who will take two years off for an LDS mission in Africa before enrolling.

Stanford’s haul also includes three-star tight ends Austin Hooper, Eric Cotton and Greg Taboada, who will look to fill the void left by the departed Zach Ertz and Levine Toilolo.

—Joseph Beyda

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.